[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the stigma against pit bulls similar overseas in places like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1450585152957.jpg (174 KB, 1170x794) Image search: [Google]
1450585152957.jpg
174 KB, 1170x794
Is the stigma against pit bulls similar overseas in places like Russia, Japan, or Germany?

It would be interesting to see totally polar opinions based on location.
>>
Anyone who has any idea what they're talking about will dislike pitbulls. The country doesn't matter.
>>
>>2020881
sick troll my nigga
>>
In Hungary, until recently there was a ban on pit bulls and bull type dogs.

Like everywhere else the local minority scum (gipsies) were using them for dog fights.
>>
>>2020881
While its true their jaws are way stronger than most dogs, if you train them properly they'll act like any other dog will.
>>
Im Spanish and I've owned and trained several pitbulls before, I would choose the breed over any other at any day.
>>
I don't really have anything against the breed, personally.

But I'm so fucking tired of seeing them everywhere.
Every god damn lower class person in this side of town has one of these fucking dogs and you can't look in one direction without seeing one of the motherfuckers.

God damn.
>>
I'm in Australia. There is a stigma. Like above, they are generally owned by trash.
I call them fear dogs because they are generally owned by scared hateful people.
However, when they are owned by nice people they are great dogs. This doesn't happen nearly enough, hence the stigma.
>>
>>2021260
Also, not sure if it matters, but here there seems to be a differentiation between american pitbulls, staffordshire bull terriers and other types of bull terriers. Staffies tend to be a bit more respectable, but not much.
>>
>>2020879
Pit bulls types are rare in S. Korea and Japan, and there aren't stigma attached to them aside from the general uneasiness with larger dogs.

People are scared of Tosa Inu however.
>>
>>2021299
>general uneasiness with larger dogs
I think you mean overwhelming bias against them. Dog fighting is still legal in Japan, so any dog over a certain height (I couldn't quote it exactly, but most labs, gsds, etc, are over it) have to wear a muzzle when they're outside, among other restrictions.
>>
>>2021260

This.

Everyone gets that "its not the dog, its the owner", but the problem is that the vast majority of pits/staffies are owned by scum or guys trying to be super masculine. Therefore i have zero trust for any pit dog I see on the street. Same applies for German Shepards unfortunately.
>>
>>2021261
American pitbulls are straight up banned and restricted in Australia, while Staffies are the number one most popular terrier breed.
I roll my eyes so fucking hard when I meet some dumb cunt that just HAS to have a pitbull over here illegally specifically for the social status of owning an illegal dog. Trash thinks that's really cool, so they all fucking brag about it constantly.
They can't just get one of the other bull terrier breeds that are legal to have, they have to have the cool rebellious one that only criminals own in this country.
>>
>>2021330
Rottweilers too
>>
>>2021330
Agreed, it's sad. I've noticed the very same theme with Rotties and Dobermann.
>>
>>2020901
But that's not true, anon.
They have tested the jaw strength on 3 breeds, and put bull was no where near the strongest. Rotties broke the record for dogs
>>
>>2021335
American staffies and pit bulls are basically the same thing and they're incredibly popular
>>
>>2021406
>most dogs
>>
>>2021408
That's still not true unless you have proof.
>>
>>2021353
My neighbors have guard rotties and they're awful. If I close my door too loudly, they bark for an hour. It is somewhat comforting to be surrounded on both sides by hyper-aggressive rotts and german shepherds, but it's still pretty annoying. It really is sad to see those two dogs turned violent so often; they really are precious when they're not all fucked up.

>>2021335
People in my area do the same thing with wolfdogs. Of course, they're actually just shepherd/husky mixes, but you can't tell them that. "My dog is special, I found him in the woods!!! he's 98.7% arctic wolf!" I'm actually filled with joy when their huskies get put down after being called a wolfdog.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.