[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My cat has been vomiting like twice a week for months now. He's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ss+(2015-11-22+at+03.05.58).jpg (168 KB, 1224x909) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-22+at+03.05.58).jpg
168 KB, 1224x909
My cat has been vomiting like twice a week for months now. He's also recently gotten the habit of sniffing around for people food, even though he'd never done that before, eating pretty much only his dry food before and some tuna sometimes. He's completely healthy and happy otherwise, as far as I can tell.
He's a 11 years old castrated male, indoors since we're in an apartment. I've taken him to the vet twice, changed his food, given him special food, changed his water thing for one with running water and nothing has helped.

I'm almost resigned to cleaning up cat vomit every other day now. Still, can't go wrong with 4chan.
What should I do?

Picture is him chillin' on my PC tower.
>>
When he vomits, what does it look like? Can you see hair or is it just digested food?

What food is he eating right now, and what was the "special" food you tried?

Did the vet take any blood work or offer a diagnosis?
>>
Do you free feed or do you feed him measured amounts twice a day?
>>
>>2020837
Liquid or food he just ate.

Some kinda fattening wet food for recuperating cats. The vet recommended it.

He took blood and said something about the kidneys not working efficiently, I don't remember exactly but he said it wasn't serious. That was why I got the running water.

>>2020852
Free, pretty much.
>>
>>2020898
You should start measuring his food and giving it to him twice a day, on a schedule. You should also wet down the food.
Some cats will eat too much dry food at once. They go to drink, the food swells up and they vomit.
>>
>>2020909
I'll give it a shot.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.