[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doggy treats.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Photo0301.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
Photo0301.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
I'm looking for a few homemade doggy treat ideas.
I want to spoil my pups and was wondering if you guys have any recipies.
>>
it's a dog; they eat anything; it doesn't matter. Throw whatever garbage you have handy on the ground.
>>
>>2019783
Dogs love boiled chicken the most in my opinion.
Been using it recently to leash train and off leash train my puppy, and she's listening much better than ever.
Don't add anything to it like seasonings.
This is a list of what dogs can't have:
https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/people-foods-avoid-feeding-your-pets
>>
I boil beef/pork/chicken heart, cut it up into tiny cubes, and stick 'em in the freezer until I use them.
>>
I make my dog ice cream sometimes. greek yogurt, a banana, and a little peanut butter in a blender, freeze it in an ice cube tray. sometimes I add pumpkin if he's been pooping a little too soft.
>>
Fuck, man. You can give some dogs anything, and they'll think it's a great treat. Like the overripe bits off strawberries, and apple cores with the seeds taken out, and turkey giblets, and broccoli.

Other dogs, they're fussy wimps and you'll have to go all out with the homemade jerky and shit like that. Liver cake maybe. But you'll have to look it up yourself.
>>
>>2019783
I make like oatmeal jerky. I've tried to make it into cookies, but I don't think its possible without adding flower somewhere.

I'll bake a yam and make a little fresh rice, then in a big bowl mash these up with a couple raw eggs, milk, and old banana, and a few heaping scoops of peanut butter. Assuming your only using this as periodic treats, you can make it pretty fatty. Sometimes I'll fy some chicken fat and a little bit of chicken liver and pour it in as well.

Mix it all up then bake it however you want. It turns out pretty gooy still, so I let mine sit on the counter till I use it and it basically turns into jerky.
>>
Well I live in Serbia and every time we slaughter pigs we make a mix of rice and leftover meat. Kinda like pihtije but without the spice and stuff.
>>
My dogs go crazy over cheese. You could try make some cheese coated meats. Like a doggy fondu or something
>>
>>2019859
my dog likes little bits of apples, and my mom's dog goes apeshit for pears.
>>
>>2019859

I've known tons of dogs who love fruit, and vegetables like carrots are also pretty popular. Many fruits are good for them, deseeded and fed in moderation of course. It's worth a try, especially if you're looking for treat options that are low cal.

My mom's dog takes it a step further and has figured out how to peel clementines (it's pretty amazing to watch).
>>
>>2021337
As long as it's not too concentrated in citrus, I'm sure fruit is fine. Citrus can make dogs develop problems.

read >>2019831 link
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.