[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate stepped on my cats tail yesterday, she yowled loudly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
My roommate stepped on my cats tail yesterday, she yowled loudly and now (12 hours later) she's walking around with a dropped tail and gets mad when I touch it. She seems to be able to move her tail, but she's being extremely tender about it, and is currently hiding under my bed. Could this just be a bruised tail or something minor? Do I wait a couple days before going to the vet to see if it improves?
>>
You already know the answer, Anon, and you already know what you're going to do.
Don't look to us for justification.
>>
I'd take her to the vet. At the very least, you could get her some good pain relievers. If it still hurts that badly twelve hours later, it probably is more than a bruise. You'll probably need an xray.
>>
Yes, it could just be bruised, and yes, it could also be badly broken. There's no way anyone can diagnose it over the internet- personally, I would take her to the vet as soon as possible (though not in the middle of the night or anything) if she's hiding and reacting badly when it's touched. Cats are usually very quiet and undemonstrative when in pain, so if she's clearly stressed 12 hours later, she probably is hurting quite a bit.
>>
have hte roommate pay the vet bill
>>
dont go too overboard with the jew vet bill. even if its broken, tails easily fix themselves. just get her some pain meds and ride that shit out

my cat broke his tail, i didnt do shit with it and a couple of weeks later hes fine and i can feel where the bones had fused. shits pretty rad
>>
Update:

I ended up taking her to the ER because the vet I called said they'd just refer us there if it was a broken tail. She seems ok, the vet didn't feel or see anything that looked like a broken tail so I passed on taking X-rays. Probably just a soft tissue injury, they're giving her 3 days of pain medication then if her tail still seems bad then I'll come back in for X-rays
>>
>>2019585
Happy ending.
>>
>>2019585
how much did you end up paying?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.