[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Male Ants - Drones. Most fulfilled, noble creatures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
Nearly all the ants you see in the wild are female. Males ants, or drones, don't do any work in the colony, they dont look like other ants, and live only for a few months during the nuptial flight seasons. Their one job is to fertilize a princess, after which they die, leaving our strange world and their colony who's other gender lives a long 30 years working for the colony. Can it be said that the Drones are of this world, when they become and disappear from this life with such speed?
>>
File: emilia.jpg (303 KB, 789x999) Image search: [Google]
emilia.jpg
303 KB, 789x999
>Can it be said that the Drones are of this world, when they become and disappear from this life with such speed?

Uhh, yeah, I'm pretty sure they're of this world in the same way other arthropods are. Most species of tarantulas have a similar thing where females easily live 10-20+ years more than the male. This is because male tarantulas have to abandon their sit and wait lifestyle to go out and find female burrows. This requires their metabolism to go into overdrive so most males die a year or two after maturing. Captive males often die trying to attempt a post-ultimate molt if they don't just curl up from age. It's actually ideal for the male to be eaten by his lover from his point of view because his energy goes directly towards the survival of his babies.

Females of slow growing species have 30+ year lifespans in captivity.
>>
>>2018919
Sorry, nope. The noble male ants are nomads, visitors that stay for far less than a year and leave their bodies for eternity.
>>
>>2019019
You must be high on some good shit, my friend.
>>
It's a bug, fool. Lay off the marijuana
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.