[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could keep any lizard, what would it be and why is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: img_65771-244632.jpg (257 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
img_65771-244632.jpg
257 KB, 1600x1200
If you could keep any lizard, what would it be and why is it a Crocodile monitor?
>>
File: watermonitor.jpg (86 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
watermonitor.jpg
86 KB, 540x720
Water monitors look cooler, but even with the space I don't have a good enough excuse to have a mini kaiju.

Here's a channel I like with a guy who has giant lizards. He recently got fucked up by his blue tail monitor.
https://www.youtube.com/user/bigboy3293/
>>
I'd prefer either a water monitor or maybe a komodo because I like being able to interact with my animals.
Croc monitors are too prone to snapping and fucking you up for my taste.
>>
I can completely understand, I'd love to be able to keep a croc monitor more than anything else but I'm just not sure if it'd be worth the risk. These things are supposed to be wicked smart and unpredictable, and those teeth are absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>2018795
>https://www.youtube.com/user/bigboy3293/

It's always a risk with animals that can fuck your shit up with a single bite.

I mean my domesticated for thousands of years dog has also bitten me, if that was a tiger or something, i'd lose a hand.
>>
>>2018802
Yup. I feel bad for him because it was serious bite, but it's a good thing he posted and talked about it considering he's popular for having giant chill ass lizards getting pets and hanging out. It's a good reminder to people who may be getting into large lizards from him.

I think the main, if not one of the main problems people have with larger lizards(even iguanas) is how fucking flighty and terrified of everything they are when are young and they are too impatient with handling. Fuck 'em up young and they're monsters as adults.
>>
File: IMG_0794.indonesianreps.568.jpg (268 KB, 568x484) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0794.indonesianreps.568.jpg
268 KB, 568x484
best monitors coming through
>>
>>2018784
B&W or blue tegu.
>>
Anyone have any experience working with monitors?
>>
I've talked about it on here before but my old roommates had a pair of Savannah monitors. They were fantastic for the most part. They loved to interact and snuggle but they were also mischievous little fuckers and would get into everything or destroy it trying.

One did strike me though. My roommates broke up and in her anger, the girlfriend kicked hers. I did not know so when I got home and he was destroying something I went to pull him away and fuss at him. He struck and bit my right under my eyebrow. If I hadn't moved when I did he would have taken out my eye. I started crying and he immediately took a submissive stance and tried to rub against my leg to be snuggled but our relationship was never the same. I cleaned the wound and never even got a scar but I was a little scared of him and he was pretty scared of women after having been kicked. I miss the big guys
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.