[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In what situations should a muzzle be used?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
In what situations should a muzzle be used?
>>
we you have a bad dog but aren't willing to do the responsible thing and have it put down.
>>
File: ac0.jpg (78 KB, 861x564) Image search: [Google]
ac0.jpg
78 KB, 861x564
>>2016635
>>
Your dog has the potential to lash out, can be reactionary, or has a tendency to try and eat things it shouldn't.
>>
>>2016633
when you think a dog is gonna bite you or someone else's ass
>>
When it's in a situation where it's a liability/danger to people/other animals. Such as taking it to the vet, since you typically have to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of other people and their dogs. Or the groomers. I took my dog to the groomers and my dog just got mobbed by like 5 dogs.
>>
when your 'dog' is just as likely to maul and devour you as it is other people
>>
>>2016633
With all pit bulls and pit mixes
>>
>>2016673

That's an overgrown ferret.
They spend more time mauling each other than actual food.
>>
>>2016633

When your dog is a big guy
>>
>>2016673
Holy shit that nigga looks fabulous
>>
>>2016695
Are you using overgrown ferret as an insult? Because ferrets and their entire family are about the most formidable carnivorous mammals.
>>
>>2016633
whenever it's not being fed.
>>
>>2016843

>What are dogs
>What are lions
>What are bears
>What are hippos
>What are tigers
>>
>>2016735
For you
>>
>>2016633
When there's a chance it will attack other people.

Or when it's a pit bull.
>>
Can a muzzle be used as a training tool to break the habit of an adolescent dog's mischievous or attention-whoring snips? Not aggression, just ... I don't know. Playfulness, I suppose. But that shit still hurts if you get nipped on the inside of a thigh or something.
>>
>>2017227
Training tool? Yes. Solution? No.

In training scenarios a muzzle should be used as a means to limit the harm or instant gratification that comes from performing whatever act you are training against. You will still need to put in the time and work to train the dog to behave in the way you want it to, not just teach it what they shouldn't do, and the muzzle should just be used as a back-up precaution for the instances when a dog doesn't behave as it should.
>>
>>2016633
i muzzle my dog when he obsessively gnaws his feet

it works.. the word muzzle makes him stop
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.