[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored. I've got here a tennis ball inside a sock.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: bat01.png (113 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
bat01.png
113 KB, 500x328
I'm bored.
I've got here a tennis ball inside a sock. I'm going to go out into the alley and throw it into the air until a bat flies into it; then I will capture the bat (of course using precautions to not get rabies like an idiot) and take pictures of it before releasing it.
Tell me why this is a bad/good idea.
>>
Thats a fucking retarded idea on every possible level.
Why would you think smashing a tiny animal out the the air with a ball wouldnt hurt it? Also why would you even think you'd be able to hit one doing that?
>>
>>2016294
They fly right into them. Echolocation. They think it's a bug or something. can do the same thing with a wiffle ball on a string or a tennis racket, but that sounds more cruel to me.
>>
Make sure to fill it with nails, tie off the tail of the sock so they don't fall out. This will work a lot better.
>>
>>2016295
Where did you get that idea? Do you think bats hunt by just flying and smashing into any solid object they see?
what
>>
>>2016294
>>2016307
it's a joke thread
>>
>>2016307
I got that idea by googling "how to catch a bat outdoors"
>>
File: bat_running_vampire.gif (963 KB, 188x250) Image search: [Google]
bat_running_vampire.gif
963 KB, 188x250
Can we still make this a Bat thread, despite it being a joke?
>>
File: 1436767449322.jpg (51 KB, 867x510) Image search: [Google]
1436767449322.jpg
51 KB, 867x510
>>2018213
Why not. I fucking love bats. So cute.
Vampire bats, despite their oddly gruesome diet, are actually very altruistic. They'll take care of and feed sick members of their colony, even if they aren't related to each other.
>>
File: 1436553064832.gif (3 MB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1436553064832.gif
3 MB, 480x340
>>2018458
>>
>>2016289
Well it won't help you catch one but if you've got a insectivore species of bat flying over you can get them to come a bit closer by tossing tiny stones into the air.
They do swoop down mistaking it for a moth or other insect.

If I do it to much I feel like a dick though.
>>
>>2018475
I love bats but if I saw this shit crawling towards me I would be terrified.
>>
>>2019311
Once when I was night fishing I had bats trying to grab my lure when I cast out. I had to stop because i was afraid i was going to hook one. Almost every cast I would get a little tug from a bat trying to grab my lure.
>>
File: bat013.jpg (252 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
bat013.jpg
252 KB, 1000x750
>>2016307
I remember seeing something similar as a kid.
Use a handful of rocks in pantyhose.
Supposedly, the bats see it as a cloud of gnats or something.
>>
Bad idea, because in this day and age anyone who is truly bored has a deficiency requiring serious psychological corrective measures; bats are irrelevant at this point. I'd suggest annoying yellowjacket nests or handfeeding crocs instead.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.