[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this thing on my porch just now What the hell is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 640x1136
I found this thing on my porch just now
What the hell is it?
>>
>>2016116
Dunno but it's bad ass
>>
>>2016116
Ah ye old pincher. Used to find them all the time as a kid. Don't know the real name tho.
>>
>>2016119
>>2016116
But honestly anon there's nothing to worry about. They won't harm you.
>>
>>2016116

skin wing pinch buggo
>>
>>2016116
Earwig
>>
>>2016116
An earwig. Better start wearing earmuffs to bed.
>>
nosetoupée
>>
It's an earwig.
Fun fact: earwigs take care of their young.
>>
Earwigs are really cute, you should see them get into a defensive posture. Pure d'aw.
>>
>>2016129
They can also fly
>>
>>2016127

Nigga, don't try to fool him.

Earmuffs won't keep those fuckers out. They're so desperate to lay their eggs they'll chew right through.

Ever heard an insect giving birth in your ear canal, OP? You's about to.
>>
>>2016116

So does getting pinched by that shit actually hurt or is it honestly just for show? Im assuming by the large lever force it would need to forces the claws close it wouldnt
>>
>>2016371

Was pinched by one that hid under my keyboard once, didn't hurt too much but it was kind of an "oh fuck what the hell is that."

Lifted my wrist up with him still attached, only time a bug has really made me jump.
>>
>>2016371

As a kid I remember forcing their tail pincers to my skin to see if it hurts and I didn't feel a thing.
>>
>>2016363
Earwigs don't go in ears.
Well, they CAN but they don't do anything in there and aren't any more likely to do it than any other small bug.

>>2016371
It doesn't hurt
>>
>>2016116
it's an earwig
they're fucking spooky-looking but harmless
>>
>>2016143
This guy's not kidding.
I once saw one fly across my face when I was on the computer. I thought it was a bug but then saw it was actually an earwig. I didn't know it could fly.
>>
>>2018907
The name for its order, Dermaptera, is a dead giveaway that they have wings.
>>
>>2016116
cutterpenis we call here
>>
>>2016116
We call them Earwigs in Australia, something about an old myth that says ear wigs crawl in your ear, eat through your eardrum and lay eggs on your brain stem.
Honestly something people tell kids to scare them considering they are a harmless bug that looks dangerous lol.
>>
dermaptera

labidae or forficulidae

source: i'm gay
>>
>>2018994
I thought they were called earwigs because you fine them under the husk of ears of corn.
>>
>>2018994
We have that myth in the US, too. But I'm sure the myth comes from the name, and not the other way around.
>>
>>2016116
Civil War reenactor here
These fuckers right here are the reason myself and the rest of my regiment sleep with cotton in our ears.
They're called ear wigs for a reason
>>
>>2016122
I see what you did there.
>>
>>2019754
How do I become a civil war corpse?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.