[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can i do anything against this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Lilly.jpg (100 KB, 802x802) Image search: [Google]
Lilly.jpg
100 KB, 802x802
I just got back from a bike walking with my dog.
She's a pitbull like dog, but she's pretty much a mix of husky, german shepard and somekind of bull terrier.
She's extremely sweet, but she gets a little to excited when she sees another dog.
Some people see that and think she is going to hurt the dog for some fucking reason, but if they're caught by surprise they don't get scared because she's automaticaly licking and playing with the other dog.
Now, as i said i just got back from a bike walking with her, and she got explosive when we got close of a dog.
As i didn't see the dog at time i couldn't prepare myself to keep my dog in the leash, and she runned for the licking job.
I falled of my bike, and she scaped.
Now, until now it looks like it's an accident.
The problem is the guy literally got agressive at the second he saw my dog, and when she scapped he attacked her withouth even thinking about it.
She runned away before he could do any harm.
In a normal situation, where my dog was close from me, i would have that guy sodomized, but she runned so in the second i was able to get back at my bike i just ran away too.
She is a very smart dog and, after a couple of walks she already knew her way home and didn't have a problem getting back to our house.
She doesn't look injuried in any way, but i kinda fell like this guy assaulted us.
I don't know if i can do something agains't him because this is the first time something like this happens, most of the times when she scapes or a dog runs for us she's very friendly and people quickly notice it.

Pic related, it's her.
>>
Best option would be to euthanize your mutt.
>scaped
You tried to spell escape right?
>>
>>2015726
First off, she's not a agressive dog, she never atacked anything.
Second, english is not my first language, so i do make a lot of mistakes.
>>
>>2015724
Your dog was "off leash" because her leash wasn't in your hand, so you can't really do anything about it. Just try to avoid the asshole, and keep her leash tied to your bike so she can't get away so easily.
>>
Control your fucking dog. You need to expect that something could happen at any moment that could distract her and make her want to run. My dog loves chasing small animals and kangaroos. So she stays on a fucking leash, securely wrapped around my wrist and held in my hand.

No, he should not have attacked her. But he was probably scared, stupid, or just an asshole, and the world is full of such people. Your dog is unharmed? No problem then.

DESU if a large aggressive-looking dog came at me and my dog, I'd probably yell and get very defensive too.

Cute dog, btw. I'm glad she wasn't hurt.
>>
>>2015734
She's not even 40cm tall and she looks friendly even though she's a pitbull like dog.

And i do control her, i get her leash wrapped around my wrist and hold it as best as i can even pushing her back if she gets to fast for me to control her. The problem is that not only i didn't have time to properly prepare myself but she also started running before i noticed the dog so i had to stop the bike as quick as i could because that was my only chance of stoping her. It didn't go well because didn't matter how much i pushed the brake the bike was still to quick and she didn't stop when she felt the resistance.
He was also not scared, he acted like it didn't happen after my dog ran away.
>>
>>2015729
It wasn't a easy get away, she literally had to throw me on the ground.
>>
No, you can't do anything against the guy. Technically because your dog was off-leash you were "at fault" here and he could be considered as acting in self defense.

That said, it isn't unreasonable for people to get upset when a big dog comes barreling towards them/their dog. They don't know your dog. They don't know that she's friendly. And friendly or not, maybe THEIR dog ISN'T friendly, and your dog running up to their dog may make that dog uncomfortable and react defensively--a big dog just bolted up into their personal space basically without permission. That isn't cool to let your dog do that. It's bad manners on the part of you and your dog, and can make other people/dogs really stressed out, or even start a fight between the dogs if the other dog reacts defensively out of fear.

So please try and keep your dog from doing that. At best, it's rude; at worst, it can be dangerous. Knowing that she gets overly excited like this, you need to keep in mind to keep her extra secured so she can't run off. You need to be extra watchful so this sort of thing doesn't happen again where you don't notice the other person/dog. In addition, you should work on training her to greet other people/animals calmly and appropriately so she does not do this.

As for the asshole who lashed out at your dog, it sucks but the best you can do is just avoid that guy in the future. I'm glad your dog wasn't hurt. She looks like a cutie.
>>
>>2015740
Dude, if your dog got close enough to another person for all this to be a problem, you did not have control of your dog. It's simple.
>>
>>2015724
You're an irresponsible owner.

Grow up and control your fucking animal.

>aware your dog looks like a vicious breed
>aware of the stigma against this
>STILL RUNS AROUND WITH AN UNDISCIPLINED ANIMAL OFF LEASH

Imagine if your dog was a grown man. Sure he may be a cool dude but if somebody just started running at you on a walk you would fucking defend yourself.
>>
>>2015740
>>2015741
If this sort of thing happens you need to not walk/run her with your bike until you have her trained not to pull on the leash, and to ignore distractions. Otherwise it's unsafe (for you on the bike, and for your dog since she's prone to running up to strange dogs/people who might hurt her.)

It's not responsible to allow your dog to run up to people/dogs like that. It's rude and can end badly for everyone involved. Your dog might be friendly but she's being rude (even by dog standards) and you have no idea how friendly the other dog/person might be (as you've just experienced.)
>>
If your dog is getting so excited that she runs after other dogs, you are not in control. If a pit or a dog resembling a pit ran at me, I'd attack it, too. You should be concerned if the other guy is going to report you and have your animal put down
>>
Your dog tried to attack a person, who managed to scare it away.

I wouldn't do that (strike a scary dog coming at me), but maybe the guy had bad experiences prior or just went into a panic mode.

Did the other guy just leave? I don't get that. It would have been better for the both of you to get some sort of conclusion to the situation.
>>
Sounds like an accident; your dog got away from you, and ran to greet someone else. I know you know she doesn't mean harm, but the other guy, having a dog run up to him, may have reacted on instincts. Many people can't tell the difference between a happy dog and a pissed off one. I've had people who own dogs tell me that they are upset when they wag their tail, when it's really the opposite. People who have had to endure dog attacks will definitely act on the defensive on a dog charging them; I have lived through a dog attack, and the dogs seemed pretty damn happy to bite me. What matters is no one got hurt and the dog is OK.

As far as legalities go, I don't know where you live but in the US if the dog was off-leash or otherwise not being controlled, the man had the right to even kill your dog if he felt threatened. Being that your dog is looks like a bully breed, no one would bat an eye that he could do harm. It's stupid, but that's how it is. You would have very little case, unfortunately.

I would suggest, in the future, to keep your dog leashed while you're riding so this doesn't happen again. You can tell people he is a friendly dog all you want, some people will still be scared, be on defense, or just act on instinct. Luckily no one was harmed this time, though. If you were in the US and he ran up to a cop, you wouldn't have a dog anymore. And he's too pretty to lose
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.