[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my thoughts, EVERY FUCKING TIME I see a documentary or some stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 4gOeRqMub.jpg (454 KB, 759x772) Image search: [Google]
4gOeRqMub.jpg
454 KB, 759x772
my thoughts, EVERY FUCKING TIME I see a documentary or some stories about people keeping wild animals as pets
(like mountain-lions, tigers, bears...):
this is suicidal!

You know how a normal housecat can cut your hands when playing with you? Just because... dickhead-animal and claws?
Imagine a big cat "playing" with you....

How many people have been killed by their "tamed" animals?
Wasn't there once a women who held an ape as pet and got her face ripped off?

People have even been killed by their pet-deers!
>>
I wish I had a big fuzzy tiger to play with, but I am completely against removing endangered species from their habitat, especially when they are infants. I hate fucking Saudis for having such a high demand for cheetahs as pets.
>>
>>2015459
>Wasn't there once a women who held an ape as pet and got her face ripped off?

That was a chimpanzee.
>>
File: image.jpg (449 KB, 935x1238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
449 KB, 935x1238
Anyone else love this show? Serves people right.
>>
>>2015510
the tragic part of that is, that she called her friend, because the stupid ape wouldn't return to his cage. The ape then killed her firend and ate her face and organs and attacked the owner after that.
The owner survived.
>>
>>2015519
Charla didn't die from the attack. She was mutilated, but made it through surgery after the attack. Both women survived, though Sandra died later from an aneurysm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_(chimpanzee)
>>
>>2015529
thats exactly what I said.
Owner survived,
her friend got killed.
>>
>>2015516
For real.
>>
>>2015510
chimps are apes bruv.
>>
>>2015510
To be honest, she had it coming. Chimps are are basically humans, but with less advanced language and technology, yet some people only want to keep them as curiosities, baby substitutes or whatever. It's impossible for us to know what made the chimp attack(I guess the standard explanation is that chimps are simply evil brutes), but it wouldn't surprise me if it realised that it was being kept as a slave, and fought for its freedom.
>>
>>2015516
I didn't like it. I used to watch animal planet for the nature documentaries, not animal hoarders or any other reality tv trash.
>>
>>2015459
Bears are bros though.
>>
>>2015705
you're dumb as shit.
>>
>>2015774
How so? Do you think that just anyone should be allowed to keep primates as pets? It's forbidden in most of the civilised world for a reason.
>>
>>2015537
Top kek, not that anon, but you still got it wrong. The friend was the only one actually attacked. She miraculously survived and is still alive. The owner died of a brain aneurism a year later, probably from age combined with the stress of it all.
>>
>>2015519
I've heard the 911 call the owner made, it stressed me the fuck out...
>>
>>2015783
friend of the year, getting her friend mutilated and destroying her life because she was a goddamn idiot and decided to get a big strong BRUTAL intelligent animal as a pet.
>>
would love to see a pic of her face right after the incident. Also this fucking terrifies me
>>
>>2015459
>detroit crime statistics.jpg
>>
>>2015478
There are more tigers in private property (ie as pets, NOT including zoos) than there are in the wild. An adult orange tiger can cost as little as $800, where I've seen white tiger cubs go for $90,000, and possibly more.

The inflation comes from everyone and their brother trying to breed white tigers. So many captive tigers are now very inbred because of it, since all of today's white tigers come from one white tiger owned by some prince. To try and counter-act the inbreeding, people have tried to breed Bengals and Siberians together, so now there are a lot of mix breed endangered big cats in the mix. Orange tigers are now not sought for, and as adults are virtually worthless.
>>
File: Travis_chimpanzee[1].jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Travis_chimpanzee[1].jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>2015529
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_(chimpanzee)
>>
File: totally will not eat your face.jpg (10 KB, 178x220) Image search: [Google]
totally will not eat your face.jpg
10 KB, 178x220
>>2015918
>>
>>2015905
>virtually worthless

Skull worth over $1,000, hide worth over $5,000, claws worth at least $80 a pop.

It might be worthless alive, but dead that sunnvabitch will put you in a new car.
>>
>>2015791
They didn't exactly sound like true "friends", either. The woman attacked was an employee of the chimp owner, and worked more as a personal assistant. It makes sense that she was the one who was called when the chimp was acting up. Her job apparently included chimp wrangling along with getting coffee and answering the phone.
>>
>>2015789
"He's eating her!!!"
>>
>>2015519
>keep a house nigger
>house nigger goes chimp mode
>not asking for it
>>
>>2015921
>>2015918
If animals could look like psychotic serial-killers, this would be their appearance!
>>
These animals are all perfectly safe to keep, all the injuries is from people being retarded and trying to play with their tiger or keep a chimp as a housepet.
If you have a proper setup there is absolutely no reason to come in physical contact with the animal.
>>
>>2016075
"AND THEN HE'S GOING TO EAT ME"
"OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD"
>>
File: horseandsnakes.jpg (48 KB, 720x424) Image search: [Google]
horseandsnakes.jpg
48 KB, 720x424
>>
>primates
>zero fatalities
bullshit

http://igorilla.com/gorilla/animal/2004/monkeys-attack0human-babies.html
they're not stealing babies to raise as naked chimps
>>
>>2015781
Yes, and that reason is because they can tear you apart when they go apeshit.
>>
>>2016728
The chart is probably just wrong, but I think it's talking about captive stuff.

Aside from babies, almost all primates are fucking terrible at actually killing things. You're extremely unlikely to get killed even in a full on ape attack. Mutilated to hell and your life completely fucked, sure. But not killed.
>>
>>2016741
you know there are other primates than chimps, right?
>>
>>2015459
Alot of wild animals make fine pets if you know what you are doing. Wild animals need alot more attention and training because domestication isnt inherent in their genes. The idiots are the ones that get a lion thinking its a housecat and treat it as such.
>>
>>2016772
There are even a shitload of wild animals that are easier than domestic ones.
A lot of people would have a buch easier time taking care of -insert popular exotic mammal species here- than just a husky.
>>
>>2016757
then it's probably not normalized to the number of pets owned total, which makes it even shittier
>>
>>2015537
Charla was the woman attacked by Travis.
Very sad all together, she didn't deserve it and the fuckwit owner gave Travis Xanax a few hours before the attack. Who gives Xanax to a fucking chimp?
>>
>>2019451
A vet gave her the xanax for him iirc.
Still not a solid excuse but I can understand the dumb thought process of "vet knows better than me about everything"
>>
>>2015519
>that fucking conversation Adam Lanza had with a radio show host about that chimp
>>
>>2016687
not true, btw
>>
>>2015478
its superstitious middle-class chinks that can't get it up who are the biggest threat to endangered species
>>
>>2020063
Don't forget about the new age freaks in the west who imports that shit because of "muh ancient asian wisdom".
>>
>>2020045
I don't think any of it is true, I think the only reason snakes would be not allowed as pets is because dumbshit owners releasing them and causing an invasive species
>>
>>2015510
>>2015519
Shit man this is something that severely mentally scarred me when I saw it on TV. Ever since that I don't like primates. They are way too smart and should be treated with a lot of respect, and the best way to handle them is to not and just fucking leave them be wherever they are.
>>
>>2020555
Yeah chimps are 2spooky4me. They can be legit psychopathic, they can make the 'choice' of murdering someone, not just killing out of instinct or for defense.
>>
>>2016687
*too.
dumbass.
>>
>>2015459
Hercules the bear tho. Ultimate pet for a manly man
>>
>>2015519
The chimp never attacked the owner, only her friend. Owner stabbed it in the back with a kitchen knife multiple times to make it stop, but it kept on eating the friend's face.
>>
>>2015459
>Primates
>0 human deaths

0 recorded deaths. I bet the Pygmies in Africa got their shit kicked in by gorillas and chimpanzees.
>>
>>2019571
The vet generally does, but if that vet was truly responsible they would've told her "you shouldn't have a fucking chimp, take him to a sanctuary!", so I don't know what was up with that vet.
>>
>>2015459
>primates
>0 human deaths

That's a lie right there. I think it was either last year or the year before, but someone had a pet chimp and it ripped off her friend's face, killing her in the process. She had to hide in a car outside of her house until animal control and the police came. The chimp was trying to get in her car and just about got her.
>>
>>2020656
Goddammit we already talked about this. No one died in that incident. the friend was horribly mutilated but survived, she is still alive to this day. Apes rip off genitals, fingers and faces, but they haven't killed in captivity.
>>
>>2020664
oops.
sorry. I did listen to the call and watched a video, but it was a while back. Must've kept making the story worse as I kept thinking on it.
>>
File: horseandsnakes.jpg (89 KB, 720x424) Image search: [Google]
horseandsnakes.jpg
89 KB, 720x424
>>2020601
I didn't make it. Here, I fixed it to be accurate
>>
>>2015705
Chimps should be exterminated period
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.