[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm considering adopting a puppy using petfinder I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1448313780240.jpg (153 KB, 683x883) Image search: [Google]
1448313780240.jpg
153 KB, 683x883
I'm considering adopting a puppy using petfinder

I want a breed that's very very easy to potty train, large breed proffered.

What do you suggest?
>>
File: Afghan_Hound_2.jpg (419 KB, 1561x1128) Image search: [Google]
Afghan_Hound_2.jpg
419 KB, 1561x1128
Afghan Hound
>>
vergasjezelf hound
>>
Saluki hound
>>
>>2004687
OP here, a neighbor had these and they were huge dicks.

Is that normal?
>>
>>2004680
>large breed proffered

i will accept if you are proffering
>>
>>2004692

yeah, they're dicks. do you want dogs that aren't dicks?
>>
>>2004694
I think my autocorrect fucked up there, either that or a typo.

Both possible.

But honestly, I want an easy to train breed, I don't wanna spend 3 months trying to get them to shit outside.
>>
>>2004696
Yes, a friendly breed that won't take forever to get to shit outside.
>>
>>2004680
There is no breed of dog known for it's ability to be house trained, or it's quickness to take a crap. Sure, people will give you the anecdotal evidence that 'my burmese mountain dog was yard trained in 3 minutes and can take a dump on a dime before you say "out"!', but there is no breed known for these traits.

So, you're fucked on that account.

I can tell you that some breeds are known for having small bladders and are unable to hold it in as long as other breeds. I can tell you how to house train your dog, and how punishment during house training can bite you in the ass. But if you're looking for an already house trained breed, might I suggest an adult dog that is already house trained? Keep in mind, bringing any new dog into your house, you should expect accidents. The stress of a new environment, plus having to get used to a whole new pee and poop schedule, can lead to some accidents in the house.
>>
I got my golden retriever at 10 weeks and he hasn't had an accident in the house since the second day we got him. He figured out pretty quickly that he needs to whine if he wants out
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.