[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are real pure breed dogs so expensive? how hard can it be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (3 MB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
3 MB, 2400x3000
Why are real pure breed dogs so expensive? how hard can it be to get some dogs of the same breed to fuck?

Pic related, only local breader wants $2,500 for a 2 week old male pure bread german shepherd
>>
>>2004148
>Why are real pure breed dogs so expensive?
because expensive is a relative term.

and this may be difficult to accept, but most businesses don't actually cater to poor people.
>>
>>2004148

If it's a really good breeder they feed the dogs pretty well/shots/take care of them. It's fairly expensive stuff.

Plus because pure breeds are mutated as fuck they have to do all the health tests.

Are the parents straight back?
>>
>selling a 2 week old puppy
what the fuck

and two reasons, one that doing all the nessecary health tests and vaccines and such is expensive as hell, or that they know morons will pay through the ass for a memedog
>>
>>2004148
Why byb pure dogs are expensive? Because people will pay for it so they push their limits.

Why decent breeders charge so much? Because it costs a lot to properly breed.
Example
>http://omalmalamutes.com/omal/littercost.htm

The breeder you speak of is doing it purely for the cash, and is simply making 2.5 G from you, minus maybe a hundred tops for feeding the mother more food so she can feed her puppies. Basically you are getting anally raped. It's illegal in every US state to sell puppies before they are 8 weeks old
>>
>>2004148
1) supply and demand

2) pretty sure selling a pup before 8 weeks is illegal
>>
>>2004192
>http://omalmalamutes.com/omal/littercost.htm

I'm sorry, but I can't take that link seriously. The lady in charge of that page is clearly over exaggerating everything. Hence her language on the page.

She's a breeder for 24 years and she's losing money? So why is she doing it?
>>
>>2004246

And her explanation for dog genetics is stupid.
>>
>>2004246
>losing money
>why is she doing it?

most people who breed dogs properly are making very little money or are just breaking even. some even lose money. they do it out of love for the breed
>>
>>2004280

I purposely force my dogs to breed and possibly lose puppies and mothers to death for the "love of the breed".

In what world does that make sense?
>>
File: kaleeffemale.jpg (35 KB, 317x250) Image search: [Google]
kaleeffemale.jpg
35 KB, 317x250
>>2004280
Love of the breed. lol.
>>
>>2004315

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUY4_9NTWY

>love of the breed
>>
>>2004148
>wanting a purebred
No fucking thank you.
>>
>>2004284
>>2004315
>>2004320
I never said it makes sense or that I agree with it, just that it's typically the response you'd get. it's also those people that encourage unneeded cropping and docking to preserve the breed's "historical value", so that shows how big of morons they are
>>
>>2004315
That dog is in AKC show stack and you know it, and while it might have a slope when standing square, it wouldn't be anywhere near that pronounced.

Beyond the enormously skewed stance, I can't see much wrong with that dog, and you can better tell gait/soundness issues through movement, which is why the trot around the show ring is so important -- it shows up weak hocks or an overshort or overlong stride.

The GSD does have some issues, granted, but the slope isn't necessarily one of them. It was bred in for a functional reason, originally, as long as the dog is not overangulated then it should not affect his performance, so fuck off.
>>
>>2004372

>but the slope isn't necessarily one of them

The slope causes hip dysplasia...obviously.

>functional reason

No, no it wasn't.
>>
>>2004386
>The slope causes hip dysplasia...obviously.
there is no correlation between the two whatsoever. idiots just like to think there is because they want to feel intelligent and go against anything abnormal.
>>
>>2004392

Hush fake bugguy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.