[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, this bird flew into my window today, and is stunned,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 15 - 1.jpg (22 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.jpg
22 KB, 320x180
Hey guys, this bird flew into my window today, and is stunned, responsive, but stunned, i have it in a shoebox with padding and airholes, wat do now?
>>
File: 15 - 2.jpg (22 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
15 - 2.jpg
22 KB, 320x180
>>
File: 15 - 3.jpg (15 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
15 - 3.jpg
15 KB, 320x180
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (25 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
25 KB, 300x301
>>1999458
If you have a cat or two, I'm sure they wouldn't mind a delicious snack for lunch. I mean, if you really think about it, this is the best solution, quite humane too. The bird won't suffer anymore, and your cats get a highly nutritious meal, packed with healthy fibers.

Well, that's what I'd do.
>>
Nevermind guys, after a while, i checked on it, took it out side, and it flew off!
>>
>>1999458
sop touching it, or it's mom won't take it back!
>>
>>1999496
that's just a maymay
>>
Hermit Thrush?
>>
>>1999462
Why would you bother trolling on a slow board

I'm curious
>>
>>1999496
True but it was a grown-up bird
>>
>>1999549
But it's not trolling anon. I just happen to realize the natural order of things, and i'm not denial about carnivores eating meat, unlike some on this board.

I wouldn't feel bad giving a bird to my cat, because it's what happens in nature every single day. You'll forgive me if I'm not willing to shed tears for some random bird, and that I value the happiness of my cat over the life of less evolved, prey animals.
>>
>>1999596

>less evolved

Wow...
>>
>>1999597
If small birds like in the OP's pic were equal to, or better than cats evolutionarily speaking, they wouldn't be prey animals to them. I'm sure it's not that hard to understand.
>>
>>1999602
That's not how it works.
>>
>>1999604
WTF all God's creatures to be treasured.
>>
>>1999539

Yup!
>>
>>1999749
Sweeeeet. Thanks.
>>
>>1999596
Cats would not be as successful as they are without humans. You don't know the history of cats if you don't think they rely on humans for their massive success as a species over time.

Reducing the amount of birds in the wild all for the sake of having a semi feral pet is some petty ass shit. That makes you an ass shit human. Congrats.
>>
why did my thread get deleted
>>
>>1999596
B A I T
A
I
T
>>
>>1999596
>less evolved
are you retarded
>>
>>1999772
>Cats would not be as successful as they are without humans.
Didn't introducing cats to Australia, New Zealand among others decimate the local, native fauna? I could've sworn cats made a couple of species disappear almost overnight. History does not agree with your assessment anon. It appears feral cats are quite capable of providing for themselves.
>>
>>1999805
>animal thrives when introduced to a shitload of small completely helpless food sources with no predators

Literally any animal would do well in that case.
>>
>>1999820
Actually, cats are doing great in the New World too, where they have competition, so your argument is invalid.
>>
>>1999820
>Australia
>no predators

Retard Alert
>>
>>2000273
Ever heard about ecological niches, champ?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.