[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
skin thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151110_215555_01.jpg (113 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_215555_01.jpg
113 KB, 1080x1440
What's wrong with my pup? We've been putting antibiotic on it multiple times a day and it's not getting better
>>
..The fuck? Is that a puppy's foot? Aren't the toe pads supposed to be... Separate from the foot pad??
>>
That's the top of the foot.
>>
Mange, go to the vet.
>>
We have and he just said to keep putting antibiotic ointment on it
>>
>>1998137
what the fuck is antibiotic going to do to mites? Hope you didn't pay that hack
>>
>vet tech here
You cant be sure unless you do a skin scrape...
It looks like a beginning of mange to me, or at least some kind of skin mite (there's a bunch)
>>1998137
that's just treating the secondary infection if it IS mites...but I'm assuming that if the vet prescribed an antibiotic then it must be some sort of bacterial dermatitis... but something just feels weird about it..
>>
>>1998546
Not OP, but does that Revolution mite killer stuff work very well?

My stray kitten had ear mites that were giving her scabs and stuff and it seemed to help, still have to do another treatment or two to be safe.

Does it work on mites that would cause a skin condition like OP's puppy is going through?
>>
>skin irritation
>treating it with a skin irritant

Good job dr. Dipshit
>>
I'd get a second opinion OP. It really does look like mange, or at least some kind of mite. Could be that the pup is allergic to whatever was prescribed too, but it still feels like a second vet might be best.
>>
Gosh I wish we lived in a world where you could go back to the vet and/or get a second opinion when a treatment wasn't working. Maybe some day :(
>>
It might be mange. Does what you are feeding you dog have a lot of yeast in it? If so, switch it to a low-yeast diet. Should help
>>
Thanks for all the input people. The vet said it was just a skin infection but were going tomorrow to see what else we can do
>>
>>1998987
lmao
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.