[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
apiculture general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
Who /bees/ here?
>>
I used to before mites became such a thing but then I said the hell with it because mu colony died and I was tired of getting stung anyway.
>>
there's a bunch of natural occuring bee nests I take care of.
>>
>>1996430
I want to raise wasps to train them as killers.
>>
>>1996437
Just get dogs; it's much easier with them. Or just get a child.
>>
>>1996437
just get a cat and let it out
>>
>>1996441
>>1996451
I like the breeding cycles of insects and the idea of controlling entire populations instead of just one or two members of a species. Also, Hymenopterans are better at killing humans than dogs are. I feel a closer connection to Insects than to dogs. I don't like dogs. They're shit animals. Insects are clean and efficient.
>>
>>1996433
Kek you're such a fucking loser
>>
>>1996437
I want to raise wasps too, but I want them to be chill and eat from my hand.
>>
>>1996433
>taking care of wild bee nests
I hope you also milk deers
>>
>>1996558
Fuk you Kek you're the biggest loser ever and stop shitposting mother fucker.
>>
File: image.jpg (286 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286 KB, 2000x1000
>>1996430
Hey guyzzz
>>
>>1996431
Same but with ants and moths.

Had like 6 haves and a swarm when I sold it all too.
>>
>>1997322
hives*
>>
>>1996430
i do. winter is so fucking stressful. i'm always worried something will happen while they are chilling in the hive. freezing from moisture, raided by predators, mites, disease, etc. i've taken measures to prevent all these things but not being able to open the hive and see how they are is rough
>>
File: 1vWGS.jpg (44 KB, 584x447) Image search: [Google]
1vWGS.jpg
44 KB, 584x447
We bees here
>>
>>1997381
That guy should call a beekeeper.
>>
File: bin_1.jpg (1 MB, 2925x2182) Image search: [Google]
bin_1.jpg
1 MB, 2925x2182
Bumblebee is best bee.
>>
>>1997381
>Cheap truck + healthy bee colony.
Seems like a great deal to me.
>>
>>1997118
THAT'S NOT A BEE IT'S A HORNET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1997056
wasps ARE chill already
>eat from my hand
of course they will

I'd trust wasps a hell of a lot more than honeybees

https://youtu.be/Ww9V1T-N5nc
>>
>>1999282
This, to be honest. Birds have to get accustomed not only to humans in general, but also to certain individuals in particular, before they can be handfed. Wasps are friendly from the very beginning.
>>
File: bumblebee.jpg (28 KB, 314x253) Image search: [Google]
bumblebee.jpg
28 KB, 314x253
>>1997667
Couldn't agree more. Look at these furry bastards,
>>
>>1999302
They also have the comfiest colonies. Rather than living in the thousands, they range from a few dozens to a few hundreds. The nest is practically just one large chamber, where honey is stored in opportunistically arranged "pots"(I even think they make them out of clay, rather than paper, but I might be wrong here).
>>
File: bumble west.jpg (341 KB, 1170x1296) Image search: [Google]
bumble west.jpg
341 KB, 1170x1296
>>1997667
>>1999302
>>1999304

waspfag butting in here again, just to add that bumblebees are one of the buzz-pollinators and can pollinate plants that honeybees unfortunately fail at. All of you who have backyard gardens to raise delicious tomatoes -- honeybees are 100% useless for that, you need bumblebees or other buzzers. If anyone wants to keep bees but are inclined to the novel or unconventional, you might consider housing bumblebees, and we need it -- populations are getting awfully low, and they're just damn cute anyway.
>>
>>1999282
I would worry that my hands would shake too much and the jerky movements would set them off.
>>
>>1999463
Don't bumblebee colonies die out every year, similar to wasps?
>>
>>1999472
They do, only the young queens survive.
>>
>>1999470
I'm not sure, but I've heard that paper wasps only sting if you threaten their colony or are about to crush them.

You can probably even pet them, although that would be cruel, since it definitly stresses them out.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.