[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone here who would like to play an animal simulator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1384111180409.gif (896 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1384111180409.gif
896 KB, 500x750
Is there anyone here who would like to play an animal simulator video game someday?

In Squirrel Simulator, you could explore the forest, pick your territory, find a location for your home, gather and store nuts for the winter ahead (game will feature seasonal cycles as well as day/night cycles), and use enhanced animal senses to detect and avoid predators. That said, the gameplay for the squirrel would be fast paced, platforming action as you build momentum and speed by jumping from branch to branch in the treetops. The game would feature permadeath as well because reasons. It could even be expanded to a more general Animal Simulator or Forest Simulator, to include the following other animals: an owl, a beaver, a rabbit, and a bobcat.

I've always wanted a game like that even since I was a kid and to this day I still think it would be fun as fuck.
>>
Look up saurian, it looks pretty promising IMO
>>
wow, thats beautiful.
>>
Goat Simulator is pretty fun, if not quite as realistic as you described.
>>
>>1993195
yes that looks very nice

me too I always wanted that, with squirrel or raccoons
>>
>>1993195
what about mating? that would be awkward
>>
>>1993195
The ones I know of are:
Wolfquest (free download for PC)
Lion by Manley and Associates (free download for PC)
Wolf by Manley and Associates (free download for PC)
Dog's Life (PS2)
Lif 1 &2 (free stream)

I'll post more if I think of them.
>>
>>1993213
There is also a fun animal planet game where you an other player get to be a bunch of antelope and you make turns getting to be a cheetah that goes around killing the others.
iPreditor (free PC download)
>>
>>1993219

Wow that turned out bad.
and* players* take*
>>
>>1993195
Not exactly the game you're searching,but Shelter 1 &2 ar epretty good animal simulator games.
>>
File: 8811157617_0ba4998c3d[1].jpg (203 KB, 435x500) Image search: [Google]
8811157617_0ba4998c3d[1].jpg
203 KB, 435x500
Try TOKYO JUNGLE, it's an action life simulator complete with mating and playing several generations. Great game. Wish they would make a sequel, it could be an amazing rogue like.
>>
A stray cat simulator is something that has occurred to me before. You could have some nature and urban areas, and seeing the human world from a cat's perspective could be cool, as would exploring from high platforms like roofs and trees and walls, and jumping up/down heights that would seem ridiculously unsafe with the whole game scaled to your size. There would be hazards like dogs, cars, other cats, people, etc, and you would need to find food or hunt small animals, though I think it would be better as a slightly surreal story/adventure through the life of a cat in which death was rather random and unpredictable, rather than an RPG to level up and become the strongest cat in the neighbourhood. Games like this would be awesome if they could find some way to give the impression of animal senses, like motion being exaggerated, minigames based around scent, or the use of sound.
>>
I loved Okami, maybe my favorite game. the DS sequel was dumb though . Would love more Okami type games where it's not silly lolrandom crap like goat simulator
>>
So many of those satirical simulators right now... not that the Germans didn't do a good job setting up the market for them.

Wolfquest and Shelter was also what I was going to mention.
>>
>>1993211
I don't know if the game would have a quest or mission system, or chapters or whatever... but, I could see something like mating requiring you to travel outside the relative safety of the woodlands and enter more urban environments in search of a mate. Basically entering a new environment of sorts with new hazards, like crossing the street and different predators like dogs and house cats.

>>1993261
>and jumping up/down heights that would seem ridiculously unsafe with the whole game scaled to your size.
Yeah that would be pretty neat. Same with being a squirrel in the trees. Now just imagine playing in the owl, and one of your first challenges in learning to fly; and, as in the actual wild, that involved more or less climbing down, and then back up, a giant redwood in sequoia national park.

>>1993261
>though I think it would be better as a slightly surreal story/adventure through the life of a cat in which death was rather random and unpredictable, rather than an RPG to level up and become the strongest cat in the neighbourhood.
Maybe something having to do with the German animation, Felidae?

>>1993261
>Games like this would be awesome if they could find some way to give the impression of animal senses, like motion being exaggerated, minigames based around scent, or the use of sound.
Yeah, I just think of it as having a first person view point you can switch to and look around to "sense" smells or sounds in form of things like colored patches of fog.
>>
>>1993300

It wouldn't work and I'll tell you why.

What you imagine in your head is always a million times better than what could/would be produced.

There is also an inherent problem with a human playing an animal simulator. A squirrel crossing a street, huge problem, a human playing a squirrel??
>>
File: Tokyo jungle.png (848 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo jungle.png
848 KB, 750x422
>>1993195
>>1993213
There's even more animal sims out there!

The Creatures Series has you caring for little money-like critters that live, grow, breed and play with you. It's not realistic, but sometimes you don't want realism.
https://www.gog.com/game/creatures_village
https://www.gog.com/game/creatures_the_albian_years

The Shelter series is more realistic. Play as a badger (first game) or a bobcat (second game) and try to rear your cubs to adulthood without everyone horribly dying in the process. Short game, but beautiful.
https://www.gog.com/game/shelter
https://www.gog.com/game/shelter_2

Tokyo Jungle takes a more action feel to the sim where years slip by in sped up time. Eat, grow, fight, mate and die then play the next generation! You can pick between herbivore and carnivore and get to start as a Pomeranian or a sika deer with more animals unlockable as you play. Oh, and DINOSAURS. Yes, dinosaurs. If you have a PS3, play it! It's an adrenaline fest full of cute animals. Pic related: Lion mode for Tokyo Jungle.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/tokyo-jungle-ps3/
>>
Wolfquest roleplay
>>
The Endless Forest is a thing where you play as some weird deer thing. I don't think there is any goals in it. I only played it like 3 times for 20 minutes or so. It's pretty peaceful.

>>1993261
I'm a total anti-outdoorcatfag but something like this could be really awesome. Dodging cars, doing sick ass moves to get around buildings/obstacles, figuring out what humans will feed you and what ones will kick you across a football field, the animal shelter alone could be its own 'prison' level, etc.

Bonus points for side quests with a chill ass dog or pigeon that is thankful that you didn't eat it.
>>
>>1993424
Bugguy will be like Team Rocket, always trying to fuck up your shit
>>
>>1993446
But never succeeding and failing due to his own incompetence on his own meaningless quest? Sure.
>>
>>1993450
Exactly
>>
If you have a Nintendo GameCube

CUBIVORE
>>
My dream is for there to be a good animal simulator game.

There are a few out there but they are crap. Fly like a bird 2 and wolf quest are available for free off the internet
>>
>>1993270
Okami is not an animal simulator game... it is fantasy game where you play as an animal.
>>
>>1993244
Came here to mention this. It's not hugely realistic but still a fucking blast.
>>
Shelter 1 & 2 aren't bad.
>>
>>1993524
True, but good animal games are too few and far between, and Okami stands out as one of the better ones.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.