[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jittery Jaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Hey peeps, how many of you have a dog with a Jittery lower jaw? I've heard there are hundreds of causes for it.

My 6 year old Siberian recently started doing it last night after 3 days of being cured of a gastrointestinal infection. First time ever he's done it.
>>
My Yorkie does it when she's excited, like after she's been fighting someone's feet.
>>
My dog just got a tooth out on Friday and the next night she was sitting down next to me and her lower jaw started to shake, I thought it might have been something to do with the discomfort she was feeling from the operation, after looking into it, I found that cracked teeth or mouth pain can be the cause of this. Maybe just have a check in his mouth just incase.
>>
>>1989788

Noted, I had a quick look at his mouth, and did find one of his molars looks darker than the rest of his teeth.

Vet is not in house, but I have some meds as I am a vet student, so I gave him a painkiller for starters, hopefully if he stops doing it for a while it may mean he is having tooth problems and a visit to the Vet will be in store tomorrow.

If he keeps doing it, in spite of the dosage it may be a neuro thing, lets hope not.
>>
>>1989811
I hope all goes well, if thread doesn't 404 keep me updated!
>>
>>1989872

I'll definitely keep you updated, thanks so much for you interest. If thread 404's I'll make a new thread with the same picture as soon as I get an update.

So far, the painkiller took some time to go into effect but the tremor is gone, after closely monitoring I determined he has control over his jaw as he stops as soon as you touch him or calling him/get his attention.

It definitely sounds like a tooth issue, specially since it happened after his last dinner, Vet will confirm tomorrow after a thorough examination, though.
>>
>>1989965
No need to thank me, I like knowing everyones puppers are doing well, hopefully it is a tooth problem and he's going to be just fine.
>>
Had a lot of bulldogs, they all do it when they're horny hahah
>>
>>1990053

Update, Vet is on his way to pick him up as he threw up twice last night, loss of energy and weak legs, had to help him down the stairs.

I am literally scared right now, this fits distemper as well.
>>
>>1990344
I hope everything is okay. Glad someone can afford the vet on this board instead of putting it off like the broke mofos we always see.

Good luck puppers!
>>
>>1990393

I can't afford a vet, unfortunately, but we have to send him nonetheless, girlfriend and I got a loan and I am flash selling some valuables to have extra money in case it's needed.

Will update as soon as I have news from the Vet.
>>
>>1990393

We just got the results in. He tested positive with distemper and damage to his nervous system already. Prognosis is not good but treatment has begun. He is coming back home tomorrow and will require special care and periodic shots to help his immune system.

I am not doing okay at all.
>>
>>1990749
That fucking sucks man, I'm so sorry to hear. Good thing you got to it early though.
I hope your pupper is gonna be okay! :(
>>
>>1990776
You and your pupper*
>>
>>1990776

NEWS.

Called vet to see how Apollo is doing, seems like he responded exceptionally well to the initial treatment and is very stable, he will need 4 more booster shots which I will be giving him myself.

May need therapy to bring some strength back to him and could qualify for a spinal tap.
>>
>>1991032

What great news! That's a kick ass name you gave him by the way. Let's hope he keeps getting better and better :)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.