[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wild animal assistance stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 0623161631.jpg (684 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
0623161631.jpg
684 KB, 2048x1536
Alright, so I live in my mother's basement and the other day, while I was working, I noticed this strange banging against my room's well window (the place where frogs tend to jump into and can't get out). During my break I decided to check it out. I was confused because there was nothing there except the weeds (which have been growing for years.) So I go back to work. Then it starts happening again and I still can't see anything in the weeds. After probably several hours of work and programming burnout, I decide to go and wait at the window for it to happen again. And motherfuck, it was a little bunny rabbit slamming against the window trying to get out of the well. I felt terrible that I hadn't investigated further before so I rushed outside and got my shovel to make a platform for it to jump onto and out of the well.

Alright, there's my shitty story for wild animal assistance, please blow me away with yours /an/.

Pic is of the rabbit, sorry for shitty quality.
>>
File: 1458699726668.jpg (754 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458699726668.jpg
754 KB, 1920x1200
>>2158388
brump
>>
Don't have a pic to go with this but it'll have to do.

About three years ago my mother and I were driving home from work. We decided to take the back way after stopping at the gym; it's a two-lane road that turns into a four-lane after a stoplight. We pass that and I see, out my window, a snapping turtle that's the size of a large backpack trying to cross the road. In afternoon, rush hour traffic.

I shouted at my mom to turn around, she does, and we got stuck at the light we just passed trying to reach it. So I got out and haul ass across the road back to it, just in time to grab its shell, inches from the pavement, and keep it from going to the Great Pond in the sky. Mom pulled up, turned on her emergency flashers for that lane, and we tried to steer the snapper (now pissy that we’ve interrupted it) back down the steep, grassy incline from whence it came.

And then the cops showed up (cont?)
>>
>>2159643
yeah, cont, where is this?
>>
Posted this in /out/

>be driving at night on backwoods road
>see lump in road ahead, definitely and animal
>at first I think it's a coyote
>turns out to be a babby elk
>probably one of the first of the season, it's super lanky
>legs are fucked, bleeding from out and nose, eyes are glossy, it's totally still
>go in to move it so scavengers don't get run over, also I don't like seeing road pizza
>grab legs and the Fucker moves, I jump like five feet
>it can't get up, just spasms and make a pathetic noise
>grab it's hind legs, drag it about 50 ft into the woods
>all I have is 9mm pistol
> shoot it four times in the head
>everything is quiet, little elk is dead
>just before I start back to my car, I hear movement about 15 ft away
>see cow elk running off
>I just killed a baby in front of its mother
>go back to car
>try not to cry
Cried a lot
>>
>over at parents' house to help with yard work
>taking a lunch break
>Mom comes bursting into the kitchen shrieking like a banshee
>says the dog came inches from being bitten by a rattlesnake
>oh shit
>go outside to check it out
>carefully move an old brick it had apparently been hiding behind
>every muscle in my body tenses up as I inspect the situation
>...
>it's a fucking garter snake
>barely the size of a pencil, no less
>dog is cowering halfway across the yard from being hollered at
>Mom comes out the back door with a kitchen knife and a thousand yard stare
>sees the snake
>nopes the fuck back inside
>tiny snek just lays there, munching on a frog
>pick up snek
>he freaks out, spewing thick mucus and dropping his frog
>put him in the neighbor's yard
>go back to house
>wash snake goo off arm
>feel kind of bad that snek lost his lunch

Happened a few weeks ago. I hope the little guy is eating enough.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.