[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /adv/, I come here occasionally (Read: twice a year) seeking,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 267x189
Sup /adv/,
I come here occasionally (Read: twice a year) seeking, well, advice. This go around i have two things to discuss. One being stereo typical so i will start there.

I have been single for nearly 18 months now, overall my life has improved a lot since i broke up with my ex (whom I dated for 4 years starting in highschool, she was also an untreated bipolar psychopath). My social life has gotten a lot better since, I have reached many of life goals, at least the ones that are realistic for a 22 y/o, and am overall a happier person. But, I'm getting to the point where I miss having a person to be with, both as company and goodgodivenotbeenlaidin18months.

And I have two issues with forming a relationship.

one being im a hellaciously busy person, I work a minimum 40hrs a week, and have 10-20 hours of class per week, and what free time i do have i try to spend with friends or in the garage working on one of my projects (the latter typically being a"do i want to work on this or not sleep tonight").

and i feel as if most women won't want to be with a guy that can only spare a few hours per week to spend time with

second one being, ive never really been on a first date, i was with my ex since highschool, neither of us had a car, we started off "dating" and never even saw each other out of school till like two months later, so by that time it wasn't really a "im considering a relationship with this person" as much as it was "im having dinner with my girlfriend".

So idk how to go about that either.
>>
This might be better suited for /o/ but ill ask here

My second question being, i was planning on getting a new car, I have three right now, a truck, my beater daily driver and my jeep. The truck and jeep get fuck all MPG and the car is beat as fuck and was only meant to be a temporary car, bought it for $800 and its paid for itself since it gets 28 mpg, and ive had it two years.

My plan was to go finance a 350z, which i can do, payments were like 1/8 of what i put into the jeep per month. But when i talked to my insurance agent it is going to cost me an ass load for insurance, like more then the payments were going to be, and i cant justify that much for a new car.

Im assuming its because i only have 4 years driving record, and that im still fairly young. But at what point should i look into this again where my insurance will have dropped substantially? I asked my insurance agent and he couldn't give me a straight answer.
>>
I suppose i should do this in a more 4chan friendly manner.

>Be me
>Be single for 18 months
>Much happier than when i was with crazy
>Miss the touch of a person
>To busy for relationship
>Don't know how to do a first date

>Wut do?
>Want new car
>Can afford it
>Insurance will be more than payment
>Cant justify spending more on insurance than car
>Young, reckless, stupid = shouldn't own a sports car, in eyes of insurance place.

>When will my insurance go down?
>>
>>17161134

dont? you are basically saying you'd rather do these things then hang out with a girl. i dont blame you. personal projects awlays come first with me, as do friends.

so dont date. that or choose what you are willing to sacrifice to date.
>>
>>17161261
Its not that id rather do these things than hang out with a chick, but with me working 8-5, then class 6-10:30. I see my friends maybe once a week, usually a saturday, and I would be fine with spending less time with them.

My projects i usually just give up sleep to do, which i would be willing to give up time on as well, but there is only so much that can be done between midnight and the time i would have to go to work.

Idk, if if it even feasible to maintain a relationship with a few hours a week.
>>
>>17161252
>Be me
>Wut do?
You appear to have mistaken the customs of Reddit for those of 4chan.
>>
>>17161275

its not. generally you find ways to open up.

you say 'im willing to see them less' but its not a matter of less so much as not at all.

you could give up classes. you could give up friends. those are your options. and even then the relationship wouldnt go far if your life didnt open up more.

so i defer to my first bit of advice. dont?

dont mean it in a rude way, but your life isnt open enough for a relationship. if the right girl comes along try and see what happens, but no need to re arrange your life for a girl who doesnt even exist yet imo.
>>
>>17161134
I am an i similiar situation OP,
I feel like I am missing a chance at good relationship now, founding girl 5 years down the road may be pain...
>>
>>17161277
Sorry, I've not really had much time to be on here in the last 3 years, excuse my latent /b/ vernacular.

>>17161283
Noted
>>17161287
That's how i feel, "But if not now, what if never"
>>
>>17161325

is there a particular girl that makes you want to ask her out?
>>
>>17161332
There is, but she works closing shift at the bar i go for dinner some nights after class (usually one of the only places open in my town at that hour to grab a quick bite) so even if i did that would be even worse since they close at like 4.
Although she ACTS interested in me, very huggy, touchy, over the top good waitress, that could be just because i'm a regular.

...and i asked her to dinner once before, and she said yes, and then just never responded when i texted her as a follow up, then quit being my waitress for like a month then acted like nothing ever happened and went back to normal, later found out she had just recently started seeing someone when i had asked.

But now im off on a tangent..
>>
>>17161354

if you meet a girl like that and want to pursue it, than pursue it. worse case scenario, it doesnt work out but you got a little fun in.

but i dont think its healthy for you to quit your classes in order to seek out a woman for dating.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.