[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Complex stuff.png (98 KB, 637x637) Image search: [Google]
Complex stuff.png
98 KB, 637x637
How do you get from:

[ 1 – ( x^2 / y^2 ) ]^( 3/2 )

to:

( 1 / y^2 )^( 3/2 ) • ( y^2 + x^2 )^( 3/2 )

I don't even know where to begin, which is a bit odd because I'm usually on top of this subject.
>>
CHECK THAT; first term should be [ 1 + ( x^2 / y^2 ) ]^( 3/2 )
>>
Math is easy.
Fuck your British "s".
It's Mathematics. Not Mathsematics.

Anywho, it's a puzzle.
You have your end solution and you have your tools. How do you make your end look like your beginning.

I've honestly lost a lot of my math skills. It's all about transformations.
So look at your cheat sheet. Look at how you turn one thing into another.
The key to math is looking at your end first, not your beginning.
Look at the end, then look at the ends of all your equations. Look at what looks most similar.
Then look at what that started from. And that started from.

It's all a puzzle. And you have all the moves before you
>>
File: 1388475106398.png (447 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
1388475106398.png
447 KB, 720x528
>>17148629

1 + (x^2 / y^2) = (y^2 / y^2) + (x^2 / y^2)
= ([x^2 + y^2] / y^2) = (1 / y^2) * (x^2 + y^2)

and (a * b)^c = a^c * b^c

Also holy fuck you're stupid if you're over 18 and don't know this shit.
>>
Okay, think I have it figured out.

Take the first 1 in [ 1 + ( x^2 / y^2 ) ]^( 3/2 ), rewrite it as y^2 / y^2, and you get [ ( y^2 / y^2 ) + ( x^2 / y^2 ) ]^( 3/2 ).

Add the first two terms together and you get [ ( x^2 + y^2 ) / y^2 ]^( 3/2 ).

Multiply ( x^2 + y^2 ) / y^2 by 1/(y^2) • (y^2)/1 and you cancel out the y^2 in the denominator, leaving you with [ ( 1 / y^2 ) • ( y^2 + x^2 ) ]^( 3/2 ), and the last step's obvious.

Geez. Math takes more creativity than poetry ever did.
>>
>>17148817
>>17148819

Spoke too soon; you guys replied while I was typing out >>17148825. Thanks for the help anyway.
>>
>>17148767
It might be simpler to look at this as

1+(a/b) = (1/b)*(b+a)

Do the addition for 1+(a/b)
>>
>>17148826
I was like you.
I always asked questions, then as I was asking them figured it out.

Math is beautiful.
It's about seeing the solutions in problems when you are already given the answers.

Connect the two and you're made.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.