[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How THE FUCK do you learn to play guitar or learn a new language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_27545-guitar-091492178736.jpg (39 KB, 594x368) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27545-guitar-091492178736.jpg
39 KB, 594x368
How THE FUCK do you learn to play guitar or learn a new language? Hell, how do you even learn to draw? I don't get it, people make it seem like it's just so damn easy to do these things.

I just want to learn something in a linear and efficient way. Maybe I'm just the type who needs to be in a class or have a teacher..

How do I learn to play the guitar?? Or Spanish???
>>
Start small.
Keep practicing.

Get a guitar, learn some chords or fiddle with it every day. Then pick a song you like and try and get it down.
Doodle in your spare time. Make a comic. Post it on the interbutts for feedback. Improve where you fell short.
Pirate Rosetta Stone and learn some damn Spanish. They teach the simple stuff first. Just be sure to actually use often enough that you don't get rusty or lose it.
>>
>>17151446
You can learn a language completely by yourself or with online courses

If you want to draw check the /ic/ sticky and buy some books

To play guitar i do think you should go to a professor, i started playing guitar as a kid with a teacher and i never had any problems, 10 years later i bought a bass and started learning on my own and then i went to a teacher to get some extra help and i realized that while teaching myself i had developed terrible finger technique and it took a long ass time to correct it so yeah, it's a real bitch if that happens.
>>
>>17151446
Maybe you're looking at it as a one-two thing. It's a process; a long one, and it's not easy. When learning an instrument, you don't just go from "I'm ass at guitar" to "I know how to play it" without a gradient.
>>
>>17151468
>Start small.
>Keep practicing.
This. A drawfriend of mine once said that everyone is born with 50,000 bad drawings in them; getting good is mostly just a process of getting them out.

Martial arts is another example. Most outsiders think that getting a black belt means you're a master, but that isn't so: there are several more degrees of black belt that you earn that title. The basic black belt just means you're not a noob anymore: you've unlearned the bullshit that holds all newbies back, and you've got a mostly decent grasp of the fundamentals, but only now is it time to REALLY start teaching you. And even this point takes several years to achieve.

It's the learner's curse. There is no way around spending time -possibly a long time- as a newbie. Only practice can make you good.
>>
>>17151446
Practice what you like and you'll like to practice.

Like grateful dead? Play them. Like tropical birds? Draw them. Like kung fu movies? Learn mandarin. You need a strong motivator. There's a reason they say practice makes perfect.
>>
>>17151446
>How THE FUCK do you learn to play guitar

Go to the Justinguitar site and follow the beginner lessons, your fingers will hurt at first but keep at it.

Started playing only 6 months ago myself.
>>
I have been taking spanish for a while an it can be hard, but there are several tricks that can help you out a lot. I would recommend starting by building up a large vocabulary. There are online sites that that can help you with that and get your hands on a dictionary.. Just about everyone who speaks spanish will understand a sentence if you know the words that have to go in it and are very understanding with beginners especially if they don't expect you to know spanish. Try to get you hand on a used textbook (I recommend the Expresate series). Most tenses have a certain endings for each of the different verbs. Sometimes there will be a different set of endings for irregular verbs and sometimes you will just have to memorize different types. Here is a short intro:

All spanish verbs have 2 parts the la raíz (the root) and la terminación (the ending)

eg: Comer (to eat)
root: com
raíz: er

Now there are 3 and only 3 types of raíces (roots)
-ar eg: jugar (to play)
-er eg: aprender (to learn)
-ir eg: abrir (to open)

All of the verbs given are in the infinitive form (they have not been conjugated into a different tense). The endings have different conjugations depending on the tense, though sometimes the endings will be the same for each tense or for two of the tenses.

Good Luck and stick to it!
>>
>>17151446
you've gotta put the time in bro. Takes about 10,000 hours or rigorous practice to get good at something.
>>
>>17151468
How do you pirate Rosetta stone without getting caught?
>>
>>17151446
>learn to play guitar
>internet

There is youtube channels dedicated to teaching guitar, and tutorial videos on any song you want to learn.

Literally all the knowledge of the guitar world is on the internet, just soak it all up and practice.

I have no idea about the language
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.