[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo, I am going to London to look for a job there. The point is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1458979535617.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1458979535617.gif
2 MB, 448x252
Yo, I am going to London to look for a job there. The point is that I dont have any experience in work. I have just finished highschool. When I get to the centre of London - what should I do? Search for the job or for a bedroom first? Also where should I search for the best results? Thanks in advance ;)
>>
How much money are you coming with?
>>
600ish pounds
>>
>>17146367
Forgive my Amerikkkan ways, but your choices seem totally backwards to me.

Maybe it's an EU thing. I don't know.

Why the fuck would you not line up a job prior to going to london? Right now you seem very "La de daaa, let me piss away my money floundering around in London staying in hostels and try to get a job as a dish washer or bus boy or manual laborer..it can only take a few days...or weeks."

Line up a fucking job first. Find someone you can stay with on the cheap. Not only will you be safer, but your job will be a hair better than a dish washer
>>
Where are you from? Bulgaria? Another east European shithole?
>>
>>17146402
As I said, I have no experience. I an going with a mate and we will try to rent a bedroom together so it will be cheaper
>>
>>17146425
Pretty close, Poland
>>
>>17146445
Why not try to get certified for a profession first? Like plumber or welder. You'll get good job security and money.
>>
>>17146367
Don't even think of leaving home until you have a London flat/room lined up.

London is a VERY BIG city, both in population and geographical sprawl, and you can't just get off a train and pick a place to live without some sense of expensive/cheap and dangerous/safe neighbourhoods.

And London is VERY VERY expensive.Your £600 won't last you a month.

Do some homework. Take a day trip or two to London to get a sense of the city. Talk to some university students, who will have a good sense of where to look and what to pay. And find and book your place to live BEFORE you leave home.

Much the same is true about job-hunting. You can get leads on London jobs just as easily from where you are as after you're there. Remember that the average job hunt takes 5-6 months at least, and you simply do not have the funds to live in London while you're hunting.

All in all, you really haven't thought this out sufficiently.
>>
Line up an apartment before you go, and you'll need about 10k euro banked if you want to make this work. Job hunting can take months.
>>
>>17146445
You're a young lad, so I'll give you some solid advice.

>>17146464. Is pretty much spot on with what he's saying to you. Your 600 pounds wont last you the month. You have no support network there. No job lined up. No shelter lined up. Probably no car, no motorcycle, and maybe just some bikes.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but you're going to seriously compromise on your quality of living and will have to take some seriously shit jobs if you do so.

My friendly advice to you is this : study something that makes you worth hiring. If it's resturant work you want, spend a year in Poland while you watch the shit out of Gordon ramsay clips on youtube. Otherwise, I give this recommendation often: if you have a laptop or desktop, learn the everloving fuck out of MS Office (excel and access primarily ) and quickbooks for business. This will give you an edge when applying for ...say...temp or office work.

Stay in Poland another year. Save your money. Make yourself smart
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.