[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ex girlfriend and friend have been seeing each other for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Donkey_Kong_94_box_art.jpg (26 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_94_box_art.jpg
26 KB, 250x251
>Ex girlfriend and friend have been seeing each other for a few weeks now.
>They legitimately like each other so I try to be supportive of it
>Found out they're fucking
>Feelings for her are gone, but still find her insanely attractive and can't contain my jealousy in that regard
>Happens with pretty literally every ex I have

I care about them being happy, so I'm trying to be the bigger person, but it's hard. I know this way of thinking is fucked up and wrapped in entitlement but I don't really know what to do about it.
>>
Entitled to what? I don't get it.

I don't know the back story, but seeing the girl you were with in a relationship get together with a friend isn't something you feel great over, that is normal. I don't know the time frame, but it's a bit scummy of your so called friend to start dating your ex.
>>
>>17140973
I said it was perfectly ok though. He does make her very happy and that's more important to me than this petty jealousy
>>
>>17141001
How long has it been since you guys broke up?

This is why I don't understand situations like this. When breaking up with a partner, you should always have a clean break, having them be around in your life like this only creates trouble, you say that what you are feeling is petty, but it's a justified feeling man.

Your issue is that you pretended to be fine with something that you clearly are not with. This doesn't mean that you should get in the way of them being together, but it should mean that they should take how you feel into account, e.g your friend doesn't talk about her, he doesn't bring her along if you guys hang out, etc etc
>>
>>17141025
I'll add that I still think your friend shouldn't have even entertained the idea of getting with her in the place, it's a scummy move where he knows that you will look bad if you have an issue with it.
>>
>>17141025
About 4 months. But I've also been seeing people in that time too (nothing that worked out. But still)
>>
>>17141035
4 months is pretty recent. There's not much you can do in this situation outside of avoiding your friend and her.

Are you sure you have no feelings for her still at all? you haven't spoken of how the break up happened, or how long you've even been together.

I feel that you are trying your hardest to rationalize how much you don't have feelings for her still by masking it with bravado of how you are jealous simply because she's attractive and with someone else to lessen the reality of the situation, but maybe I'm reading too much into this.

4 months dude, even the harshest breakups still has lingering feelings even if not wanted.
>>
I have a similar situation with an ex and friend getting together, in lieu of a new pointless thread I'll just ask here:

I'm coming back to my home town and the friend was cool about telling me they're together now, but made it a point to say that I should stay away from her. When her and I split it was kinda bad terms, I'd fallen out of love and we agreed to a weird break, we both jumped into new beds, she went with a girl friend of hers and ruined that friendship, but that's beside the point. I left town and cut off most contacts shortly after, for reasons.

Why the fuck would she be so bitter that I can't go back to the places I enjoyed in town, because I'm a "sore spot" now and might trigger her? Is he afraid of us talking, or did I cause legit trauma?
>>
>>17141057
Maybe a little idk. We broke up because our relationship was a mess (fighting all the time, very little trust between us) and one day we just said enough.

It doesn't help that the past couple of months I've been dealing with insane amounts of anxiety and stress for what feels like no reason half the time.
>>
Sexual jealousy is the last and (in a lot of cases) hardest step in moving on from a relationship. It's normal OP.
>>
Same situation OP. Friend is currently trying very hard to hook up with my ex. He does this behind my back.

Ex tells me about it, so I start messaging HIS ex who moved out of state.

Phone sex like its the 90's. I feel better.

Long story short op, hook with his ex in some form. He fucked up.
>>
>>17141105
He's only dated one girl before this and I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me very much.
>>
She's a whore.
Cut the "friend" off and cut the whore off. Have some fucking self respect.
>>
>Losing your shit because someone you're attracted to is fucking someone else

You're a whiny piece of shit.
>>
>>17141707
Its the history behind the two people.
>>
>>17141345
Cut off the "friend", yes. Probably a try hard fag anyway
>>
Oh for fuck's sake OP, I get you are trying to be the bigger man about this shit but it's so obvious that your friend and your ex don't give a flying fuck whether you're some paragon of virtue. She wants to move on to something easier to deal with and your friend basically is going along with it AT LEAST for the sex. If they cared about you in any facet, they would have spent more than 4 months before doing anything.

As far as you being jealous, yeah, don't sweat it. You had something, now someone else has it and you're pissed or annoyed or whatever because you don't have it any more. It's normal to be that way but I do applaud you for trying your level best not to get too crazy about it. You said you're dealing with anxiety and stress and that'll only make things worse. Maybe figure some of that shit out, deal with the anxiety one way or another. And while you're at it, cut contact with the two fuckers who are hurting you so the wounds can heal. You got to take care of yourself, so don't be a dipshit about it.
>>
>>17141058

Why do you care?

Go to those places it's fine but don't be surprised if she's there.

As for your friend he's just protecting his new relationship. Can't blame him if he likes the girl.

Most people don't realize that if you break up its done that bridge is burnt.

All that friends thing with exs are people who are to afraid to move on without having closure.
>>
>>17142074
Aw fuck you man 4 months with out pussy what kind of faggot are you.

His ex needs dick friend provided it.

If op actually took time to himself and licked the wounds he'd already told this guy long ago he's not cool with that.

Nope a big ol fake smile is what op put on.

He deserves this for allowing it.

That guys not your bro he's an acquaintance and he's fucking your girl op get over it.
>>
OP here.

For the record I legitimately though I was OK with until until... well... until it actually happened.
>>
Your problems are small potatoes, I was married to a girl, before and after marriage, she cheated on me, keeping me in the dark. I found out, it's a guy 20 years older than me, rich, and thinks it's hot that she was molested by her dad, so he can do BDSM like that.

Just remember that she chose this and I had nothing to do with it, she was abusive, both physically and mental but I put up with it because I thought we could get her help and so on.

At least you can mourn.This was my first relationship, I can't even think about her without this BS.

Sucks man.
>>
So why is everyone chastising OP for trying to act like a grown up about this?

I think the fact he's was willing to put his feeling aside for their happiness was downright commendable. He needs tips on dealing with the emotions that come with this. Not basically a bunch of people calling him retarded for doing it in the first place
>>
OP is a

Say it with me everyone

CUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKK
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.