[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys my GF just broke up with me because I had a psychotic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: FUCL.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FUCL.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
Hey guys my GF just broke up with me because I had a psychotic outbreak a week ago and went around yelling and screaming before passing out (cause drinks).
I love her still and I know she still has feelings for me. She says she can't be with me because of this type of thing. I said to her that it was just one time because of stress and what not. She eventually said she just wanted to be friends.
I really want to get back with her.
What should I do?
>>
There is more to her decision than your outbreak. If she was truly frightened/upset over what you did, she wouldn't want to continue being friends following the break-up. She's using that as a convenient excuse to do what she's been considering doing for a while now.
>>
>>17139258
Hi buddy,

I recently went through the (almost) same thing. I have very deep emotional issues when it comes to trust and commitment. I've been dating this girl for about five months and last week I had a terrible psychotic outbreak just like you because I was afraid she would cheat on me with customers from the bar where she was planning on working nightshifts. I ended up telling her that I had no problem with her taking the job as long as she guaranteed to be fine with the fact that if I found out that she had somehow cheated on me I'd savagely murder her and the guy whom she cheated on me with, and then proceed to cut them into pieces in order to make sure their families would never hear from them again.

So yeah, just so you know that I've been in the place where you're coming from. What I mean to tell you is this: if she really loved you she would have stayed/if she really loves you she will come back once you get better. If not, well then just leave her on the sidelines and focus on getting better, for your own sake.

I turned myself into a mental institution last week and I've never been better. I'm getting the right meds for my anxiety and my psychiatrist tells me that there's no way in hell that I'm sick since I KNOW that it was an outbreak (just as you do).

Keep your head up, and if you have any questions, go ahead, I have half an hour until my GF comes to visit me
>>
>>17139279
>I'd savagely murder her and the guy whom she cheated on me with, and then proceed to cut them into pieces in order to make sure their families would never hear from them again.
Jesus christ, dude.
>>
>>17139279
I am seeing a psychiatrist next week.
Been to gp and everything.
She says 'we'll see' and also 'it will take me along time to trust you again"
Just wondering how I can earn that trust back before she finds someone else.....
>>
>>17139282
I know, right ?
Kinda "surprised" me too as I came down from the outbreak.
I immediately felt like I was a danger to myself and my loved ones. Turned myself in half an hour later. Best decision of my entire fucking life.
>>
>>17139268
I have been a dick over the last couple of weeks....
>>
>>17139286
>I am seeing a psychiatrist next week.
>Been to gp and everything.
Good on you man.

>She says 'we'll see' and also 'it will take me along time to trust you again"
The thing is that you have to try to understand how she felt in that moment. It might take some time but you'll eventually come to a grasp of the whole situation.
>Just wondering how I can earn that trust back before she finds someone else.....
It's definitely possible. Just remind yourself of what I told my GF and she stayed because she knows that outside that particular moment in time I'm a perfectly reasonable individual (just as I am now talking to you). Just show her that you care deeply for her and do your best to become the best version of yourself. If that doesn't lead to her coming back it will certainly lead another woman (whom you might even be better off with) into your arms, trust me.
>>
>>17139294
Buddy I hope so. I really don't want to leave her.
She says stuff like 'i don't want to lose you'
'but I can't be with you'
Do you think there is a chance she will come back to me?
In a few days we are going to the same party what should I do?
>>
>>17139289
Yeah bro, sorry. You're probably not getting back together. Figure out your psychosis and focus on that rather than relationship stuff right now.
>>
>>17139258
>I really want to get back with her.
>What should I do?

Step 1: Take responsibility for your situation and pursue any necessary steps to prevent it from intervening with your life, avoid dismissing it as something that doesn't matter and won't happen again.
Step 2: Find a better girl who can handle a little brain breakage and will actually support you instead of cutting and running while you're at your most vulnerable.

Life can throw fucking anything at you, do you really want to share yours with a girl who dumped you just for getting sick?
What's she going to do if it happens again? What about 10 years in when you get hit by a car and can't bring home the bacon for a while, what'll she do then? What happens when your best friend dies suddenly and you need someone to help you through it? What happens when Katrina's little sister blows through and leaves you with nothing?

So long as you're doing your part to keep shit together, you don't deserve anything less than someone who'll stay by your side, and it aint her.
>>
>>17139300
>Do you think there is a chance she will come back to me?
Of course there is. There always is.
But the thing is that you have to prepare yourself for plan B, in case it does not happen.
If she (honestly) says things like "I don't want to lose you", there's even a great chance I'd say.
But for now don't focus on getting her back, focus on getting better for yourself. That is probably the most attractive thing you can do right now (and the most useful for you and your future plans in life).

>In a few days we are going to the same party what should I do?
Ask yourself this: is it really a time for you right now to go to parties ? Not really if you want my honest opinion. Take some time for yourself to reflect on the situation. Don't go out partying, drinking, probably even smoking weed or taking god knows what else.
Her seeing you at the party is generally not a good idea, since it will give off the wrong vibe. You want her to see you as a responsible individual, not a guy who has an outbreak and goes back to partying a week later.
That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>17139286
>She says 'we'll see' and also 'it will take me along time to trust you again"

What does that mean?
Has she just been a little spooked, and needs to do a few rounds of 'fall back into my arms' to get comfy again? Or does she want you to get on your knees and cry her a sweater of tears as if you've done something wrong?

Because one of them is not fucking salvageable.
>>
>>17139308
Its not really a party per-se rather just a gathering to watch euro-vision.
I was not intending to do anything on that night
>>
>>17139315
If I were you I'd stay out of such things for a while. It while allow her to discuss what happened with others (who, if they know you as a friend, will probably defend you anyway) which will reduce anxiety levels. It will also probably make her miss your presence a little which could drive her straight back into your arms.
Think about it a little.
>>
>>17139320
*it will
Jesus I need a cup of coffee
>>
>>17139320
Very good point.
Loving the manipulation, she'll probably see through it though. She's alot smarter than I am in that regard. Its worth a shot though
>>
>>17139329
Takes one to know one, right ?
Give it a shot, depending on her reaction you'll have a few clues on how to act from there.
But keep in mind that it can't go any further than that. You still have to work on yourself. A lot.
>>
>>17139333
I think I'll go.
Because if she talks with other people won;t she forget about me?
>>
Ensuring I'm not a dick to her and avoid awkward situations.
>>
>>17139337
See, this is where your emotional side takes over (and that's bad if you really want to make sure you get her back). If you really want her to come back you have to make her understand why she's better off with you. If you go to that "party" the only thing it'll be telling her is that you need her more than she needs you, and that's a total turnoff for the vast majority of women.
Show her that you can handle yourself. Do something on your own that evening, and if she asks why you're not coming you tell her that you realize you need some time to pursue your own hobbies and that you'll be back soon.
That essentially means "I recognize the fact that you need a little break and I'm willing to respect that without openly telling you that I do".
I don't see anything more attractive you could do than that.
>>
I have to leave, my girl will be here in a minute. You know my trip now. I'll catch up with you later
>>
>>17139346
thanks
>>
File: Viracocha.jpg (68 KB, 425x413) Image search: [Google]
Viracocha.jpg
68 KB, 425x413
>>17139346
>I have to leave, my girl will be here in a minute.

the anon said while putting make up on his face and carefully placing the wig on his balding head. "hello sweetie" he said, while looking in the mirror "you are beautiful as always".
>>
>>17139309
I think proper spooked
her dad was once like this
>>
>>17139363
lol'd at the filename
>>
This is how abusive relationships start btw
>>
>>17139583
Sure. By going on the internet and anonymously acknowledging your mistake and asking for advice on how to improve your relationship skills ? That's clearly abusive

Use your brain sometime soon and please do come back to tell me how it worked out for you

inb4 troll, you damn well know you meant it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.