[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I help my gf gain self-esteem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1416003059551.png (232 KB, 350x569) Image search: [Google]
1416003059551.png
232 KB, 350x569
How can I help my gf gain self-esteem?
>>
>>17132490
Post something of her. What's the issue she struggles with?
>>
>>17132513
She has quite a few issues, to be honest. She thinks she's stupid, incapable and ugly. She's incredibly shy and feels like she never has anything worth saying. She doesn't have the confidence to make a lot of decisions and usually panics until someone else makes the decision for her. She can see that these are problems and that they make her unhappy, but she doesn't think it's worth trying to face them. She cares a lot about other people's wellbeing, but doesn't bother about her own.

She's studying for a PhD at the moment. I think the fact she's got so far academically is pretty good evidence of her intellect, but she's convinced her good grades at uni were purely the result of the help she got and that she was offered the PhD position out of pity. She's afraid she'll fail and works overtime and at weekends to catch up for time she spent panicking, so she doesn't have a lot of downtime.

I'm not sure how much detail you want so I'll stop here for the time being.
>>
>>17132582
Dunno, man. If that's her outlook on life it probably means you're a 3-4/10 because she feels that's appropriate for a dumb, ugly puppy like her. If she finds out she's a hot genius she may very well dump your ass.

Just stick with being nice to her, and tell her she's a demon in the sack.
>>
>>17132588
>. If that's her outlook on life it probably means you're a 3-4/10
debatable - if they have low self-esteem within a relationship it could mean that OP is above her expectations and makes her feel worse because she doesn't deserve him
>>
>>17132599
OP here, she tells me I'm too good for her pretty regularly. She's paranoid that I'll suddenly realise she's an awful person and dump her. I hate feeling like she doesn't trust that I love her.
>>
>>17132609
Hokay, good for you.
>show her off to your friends
>compliment her often
>Compliment her retrospectively (I.E. that was a great party you threw/dinner you made/blowjob/paper you wrote, see I told you you are good at stuff like that)
>gently call her out when she's being hypercritical of herself. You can straight up tell her she's wrong, that just isn't true.

but
>don't try to convince her you aren't a catch for her.

Leave that one alone.
>>
>>17132650
This is basically what I'm doing already. Good to know I'm on the right track though. Thanks.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.