[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does therapy really work or is it just a meme? I'm very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
Does therapy really work or is it just a meme?

I'm very directionless in life and don't know what to do. I don't have friends, a meaning in life, passions or hobbies. im at home 99% of the time.

Will therapy help me or is it just a normie meme? is it just a place to vent or will my issues be solved?
>>
>>17122345
no therapy doesn't help. no other person can give you the will to live, they can't give you the meaning of life, and they can't guide you to satisfying and fulfilling hobbies. they are money sucking leeches that pretend to care about you.
>>
Only you can help yourself. There just saved you some money.
>>
>>17122345
Well for starters, it is somewhat of a meme.
>normie meme
Now that's just retarded.
However, I understand what you mean.
It still is. People presume therapy is a magic cure for depression and shit. For your problem, I think you can solve it yourself. It took me 3 years to find out my path, and no therapy was needed.

Meaning in life is something you'll just find someday, which there's none, but to make something out of nothing is an achievement in itself.
Friends aren't a requirement, but are fun to have. You'll naturally get some as time passes.
Passions and hobbies are like life-meaning, you just find them out eventually. Although it's much faster to find those out than the meaning of life.

For example, I box as a hobby. If not boxing, I try and learn how to dance. I also manage a garden while doing the former 2. As for passion, I'm still finding that out, but my goal to be a desk worker at a phone company has been met.

Point is, therapy is worthless and >>17122352
has the right idea.
>>
>>17122345
You get out of therapy what you put in.

>>17122352
This is a meme
>>
>>17122366

I'm in my mid 20s and I have a crippling emptiness. I recently completed a major life stepping stone and I have zero idea where to go from here. I also feel like a giant failure and a waste of space. I feel I'm not living life at all. I haven't traveled, had new or interesting experiences or done anything of interest. Most of my life has been spent alone in a room or at school and now that this is done it was a stark reminder of how empty my life is. I literally had NOTHING else going for me other than school. My life is shit.

I'm basically a man child in an adult's body.
>>
>>17122362

But do they offer any valuable advice
>>
>>17122345

It's highly dependent on the therapist. The difference between a good and bad one is ridiculous. And unfortunately finding a good one is difficult as hell.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.