[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When should you be financially able to move out of you parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: house-03.jpg (2 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
house-03.jpg
2 MB, 1698x1131
When should you be financially able to move out of you parents house?
Live in the UK but I'm really worried I'll grow old in my parents house, how and where do I move?
>>
I personally don't plan to do so until I've saved up enough for a deposit on a house.
>>
>>17109350

does it matter when you should? if you financially cant support yourself, dont bother.

every plan is different. some people are content to move into a 1 bedroom apartment and know that they will work minimum wage to live there for the rest of their lives. some stay at home for a few years to do college. some move out for college. some never move out.

decide what you want out of life (whether its to go hang out at a young age, or save up for a nice house down the road) and plan accordingly.

what doesn't matter is where you are, its where you're going. and if you dont have any plan for what to do with your life, than you shouldnt be worrying about when to move out.

if your plan is to just enjoy life as much as possible, thats fine, plan around that.
>>
>>17109350
You can ask yourself:
>WHY do I want to move out?
Personally I see no reason until you start hating your parents or when your dad is interrupting sessions with your partner.

If you have a GOOD reason, then you should ask yourself:
>How can I AFFORD having my own house / flat?
Because having mortgage and losing job isn't funny.
Because being forced to return home after you officially declared independence is lame.

So you don't care about WHEN, you care about acquiring good job and probably good partner to start your family. Because two people can pay rent much easier than one.
>>
>>17109373
This is a great answer.
>>
I'm in a really awkward position right now, also living in the UK.

I have 20k in savings but I have been a NEET for three years and I am 24 years old. If I was to get a minimum wage job, I could move out and instantly put a deposit on something extremely small, then try to improve my life slowly as the years go by.

Instead, I decided I want to go to university (for engineering) and I will be graduating by the time I'm 29 if I go all the way from foundation year to MEng.

I don't know what choice is best for me, I am able to study and relatively intelligent, but I could also instantly start to live a life with my own place if I wanted to. I am also totally fine with living in another town as I am very unhappy with the area I have grown up in.
>>
>>17109367
Honestly my only plan in life right now is to try and grow up, I need to get my act together get a job and start taking care of myself otherwise I fear I'll never be able to.

>>17109373
To make it easier on my parents.
I'd have to pick up a job and save up, I'm not really sure how long.
I just feel like if I stay I'll fall back to leeching off of them and while leaving, will put me in a weak position it'll force me to adjust and grow up.
>>
>>17109373
Good answer.

Also relevant to OP's issue - metro area rent/property prices in the UK are fucking ridiculous. I know of lots of younger people who wait until they're married/engaged so they can afford to move out (splitting rent/mortgage between two incomes is miles easier than renting your own place on an entry level wage, usually).
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.