[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tested as INTP what the fuck do I do to get far in life, barely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: download_2.jpg (57 KB, 637x358) Image search: [Google]
download_2.jpg
57 KB, 637x358
Tested as INTP what the fuck do I do to get far in life, barely passed highschool not sure how to motivate myself to do much. How can I use my personality to an advantage and get far?
>>
>>17107767
Maybe if you put more time to study and less into taking useless online test and 4chan, you would pass high school with flying colors.

>https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality
If 10% of the site is right, you should go for hard science uni. If you don't like memorizing stuff, we live in a computers are so with software engineer degree you won't have trouble getting good paying job you might enjoy.

If you don't have trouble memorizing stuff, then electricity, mechanical, physic, chemistry anything really pays off in the long run.
Still uni is mostly about forcing yourself to be productive, which I obviously can't do, since I am here with you :-)
>>
>>17107777
quads concludes the thread /thread
>>
>>17107767
INTPs have a reputation for being lazy, even more so than my type (ENTP). I compensated for it by searching for guidance from others, and made it though uni because of the great number of people that I had who played up all of my strengths and motivate me to accomplish what it was that I needed to do. I recommend that you find a way to do the same, even if it means pushing your comfort zone to an immense degree. I only managed to succeed in life because I found people to assist me in doing so, and would probably be nothing without them.

I used to test as an INTP.
>>
>>17107767
You want to get far in life...

Look at where your weak spots are. You tested as INTP, maybe you're a fucking shit cunt at being extraverted, being in touch with your sensations, understanding your values and not making enough decisions. Heres some motivation: fucking look at where you've experienced the most pain and use that to guide your goals in life. Set some fucking goals and instead of 'how to motivate myself', dedicate yourself to those goals and put your psychological axis on them

I hope my post made sense, I'm drunk cause I'm coping with shit lol.
>>
>>17108019
Understood 100% hope you get through your thought times as well anon, cheers
>>
>>17107767
The MBTI is not an accurate or reliable measurement of personality, and tells you nothing about how you can succeed in life. Nobody takes the MBTI seriously except uneducated kiddos who don't know any better.
>>
If you are an INTP (and don't be too sure of that since MBTI tests tend to be inaccurate), you're very good at analyzing stuff. So analyze your lack of motivation.

INTP's tend to analyze in their heads, but I strongly suggest opening a text editor (or using a piece of paper) and writing down the stuff you think off. I find it helps a lot with getting my thoughts straight.
Start by writing down "How do I motivate myself?". From there you can approach the problem from multiple angles, for example:
- You can start thinking of reasons why you aren't motivated, which might uncover different problems to solve.
- You figure out what tasks you can motivate yourself for and what tasks you cant and analyze that.
- You can decide to ignore motivation entirely and try to find other ways to convince yourself to do tasks. A good idea here is setting rules for yourself in the shape of "if I do task X I'll give myself reward Y". Personally I have a rule system that's quite a bit more complicated than that, but the core of it is doing tasks for rewards.

I suggest you start keeping a journal, either digitally or on paper. You don't have to write in it daily but try to write regularly. You'll use this journal to analyze whatever problems you are having, find solutions and review these solutions after trying them out.

Life to an INTP is not a series of goals to achieve but a series of puzzles to solve. Figuring out how to deal with a lack of motivation is one of these puzzles.
>>
Literally every single guy self absorbed enough to take that fucking test gets INTP or INTJ. Congrats you're smart and special yayyyy
>Advice: Kill Yourself
>>
>>17108186
this doesn't mean you can't use it as a tool for introspection. self limiting behaviors justified with the mbti are fucking stupid though
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.