[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I need some advice. I'm about to invest 3000 dollars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1441420915420.png (1 MB, 600x794) Image search: [Google]
1441420915420.png
1 MB, 600x794
Hey guys I need some advice.

I'm about to invest 3000 dollars into my business, still relatively new (though it has made money, little though), and I'm somewhat getting cold feet. I'm not the only one, it's me putting in half with a colleague to buy equipment to do business with.

I'm hesitant due to only the possibility of failure. I ask for advice perhaps by those who have gone through similar situations. Any questions welcome.
>>
Depends on the business. More info if you want competent adv
>>
>>17099623

>depends on the business

mostly this. but also what this investment means. is it just money down the drain but your life is otherwise fine? or is it htat you are relying on this money to become more money cuz if it doesnt you are fucked sometime this year or next?
>>
>>17099509
Are you a photographer/videographer?

If so, they're rough fields. I quit doing it for a living a while back because I just couldn't take how shitty it was. 90% of it is marketing, though, and if you have a niche that's not overflowing and can actually market yourself and produce good work, then there's still a place for it.

What I'll say is that 3k isn't that much money in the scheme of things. Yeah, losing it would be a punch in the gut, but it's not an amount you can't make back in a month or two at a regular job.
>>
Fuck what everyone else is saying.
Do you love doing what your business will end up being about?

Do you have a -real- and feasible vision, allied with a passion to give you determination to carry through in the good times and bad?
>>
>>17099509
Every great entrepreneur at some point mortgaged the family home and bet it all on the business. If you don't have faith in your dreams, who will?
>>
File: 1400215316526.gif (496 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
1400215316526.gif
496 KB, 500x268
>>17099697

>fuck what everyone else says
>repeats everythign everyone else says just throws on 'passion' on top of it
>>
>>17099688
Thanks. Yes it's related to this.

However I will say that we have expansion plans in place so that we don't rely solely on this.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I feel ready today so I'm going to go through with it. In any case it's something I feel ready for.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.