[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
confidence. how do i achieve maximum confidence? how do i stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
confidence.

how do i achieve maximum confidence? how do i stop having insecurities.
>>
>>17090461
Well my man you gotta start just beeing urself my friend and all things will work themselfs out from there.
>>
>>17090461

confidence is simply certainty. to break it down further, Confidence differs from cockiness because confidence means you have something to back it up. that is why you are certain.

most people arent confident in the way you think. they arent confident that whatever they do will be successful. The thing they are confident about is that it won't negatively impact their life.

a 'chad' has no issue going up and talking to a girl even though he gets turned down quite a bit. hes not afraid cuz even if a girl turns him down, his life is exactly the same as it was ten minutes ago. hes confident because he knows that her saying no wont make him suffer.

the problem with most betas is that they self inflict hteir suffering. I've seen them 'advise' people not to ask out a girl because it will 'only lead to embarrassment dont do that to yourself!!1!'

Beta's go through what everyone else goes / went through. sometimes they go through it a little more. sometimes they went through it even less. simply because they had bad experiences, chose to fixate on them, and let it control their lives.
>>
>>17090638

So,

to achieve confidence you simply have to dissect a situation and think about whether or not it will actually hurt you. chances are, it will only affect your life if you get the desired outcome. otherwise your life goes back to normal.

certain circumstances i recommend staying away from. for instance dont ask out a girl in your immediate social circle, as it can cause tension from within the group. but if the girl is one you dont have to associate with closely on a regular basis, dont worry.

dont ask out someone who is a 'close friend'/in your circle. Don't ask out someone you work in the same department as. thats pretty much it.
>>
>>17090638
>>17090649

next here is a theory that more or less boils down to:
>fake it until you make it.

if you pretend you are confident and ask out 100 girls, 1 of them is bound to say yes. you will be surprised it worked, but you will realize... the approach worked! therefore when you ask out more girls, you will actually have some confidence that it works, and that anoyne who says 'no' is just genuinely not feeling chemistry. but the more confident you get through this method, the more YES's you get, the more confident you become. good stuff.
>>
>>17090461
Don't listen to these fucking autists, you need to gain chaotic confidence. These fags with their count to 10 bullshit wouldn't last a minute in a full on attack to their ego.

First thing you need to do is start lifting weights and gaining muscle mass and weight in general, lose weight if you are a fat fuck

next step is to join some sort of sport, BJJ, mma, football, soccer idgaf just do it. This will build your confidence even more,

Next step is to start hanging out with the roughest crowd you can find. These fags will make fun of you and break you down, but if you start hanging out with them consistently you will gain confidence.

Also treat all girls like bitches. What I mean is, treat them all like you want to fuck them. Never talk to a girl like she is a guy or your "friend"

You have to do all of these to master your new self. Notice how I did't tell you how your character should be, this is because that has nothing to do with confidence.

Also take supplements, like Joe Rogan tier supplements, it's like fucking magic
>>
>>17090638
>>17090638
>it wont make you suffer
oh but it does, it hurts so fucking bad, and everytime you get turned down it only drills in the "haha your a virgin" factor

Although I have been getting lately better, the strategy I use is to emotional dissociation, I try to detach myself from the interactions as much as possible and think of it just like I'm running a script, do all the things I know people like, but its all just a mask.

It works well, and it helps to numb the pain when things don't go anywhere.

Basically you have to go full Patrick Bateman
>>
>>17090690
>suggesting that people build true confidence by using their ego, thus leaving the inner insecurities unchanged, only masked.
WHEW LAD

OP, read Feeling Good by David Burns
>>
>>17090734
Not what I am saying at all kek
>>
>>17090461
>>17090690
I think this person might actually currently be suffering from roid rage, if not a troll, and really the only proper response here is laughter.

But really, OP, "maximum confidence" is not what you want, because that's basically psychopathy.

All you need to remember is that you judge yourself more harshly than other people judge you. There is no "real self" you have to find, because you're not the same person you were yesterday, much less ten years ago, nor will you be the same person you are now tomorrow.

We are always changing; we are always evolving. This is true for everybody. Confidence comes from the belief that you are doing the right thing. So do the right things OP, and you will have confidence.

I know, I know, what is "the right thing?" It comes from having compassion. Be a compassionate person, and try to understand how other people feel without necessarily accepting the assumptions they have. Accept that there are things that make you happy, and that you deserve to be happy, and that's okay - and there are things that don't make you happy, and that's okay, too. And, again, what makes you happy might change, and you're under no obligation to keep liking things just because you have before, and vice-versa.

Confidence is self-acceptance without feeling the need to impose your self upon other people.

Confidence is smiling and being nice to people - not just because you want them to like you, but because you like yourself.

Confidence is knowing that when people fuck with you, it's because they are hurting, and the proper response is empathy.

So, it's a paradox: accept your insecurities until they become strengths. If you want to change yourself, make sure it's within your power to do so, and then never try to make that change for another person, because that's out of your control.
>>
>>17090461
Breathe.

Pussy follows.
>>
>>17091104
wow wise words. This might work for women because this is what we call feminine strength. OP follow this guys words but don't forget to inject pure estrogen into your cock and balls. also grow out your hair and nails and if you are cute maybe I will fuck you. Otherwise if you want to remain a male do what i told you to and don't listen to this faggot. I bet this guy literally jacks off, imagining big muscular guys fucking his virgin asshole. Kill yourself you fucking faggot.

Also this is probably the worst board on 4chan... all you fags say is...

>Just be yourself
>Go to a therapist

I'd rather take advice from /b/ or /pol/
>>
>>17091244
Thanks, I literally laughed until I snorted. You are too adorable :)
>>
>>17091251
For you
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.