[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate my face
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I hate my face so much that I spend hours just comparing my face to other people and I don't want to...It's such a huge waste of time, but I can't seem to stop. I think if I didn't care about my face I would be able to concentrate on actual important stuff. I've even gone makeup free for a few months to become comfortable with how I look, but it hasn't worked.

:( I need advice on how to get over this. I just don't want to care how I look anymore, with makeup or not. I don't think I'm hideous, but I just seriously don't want to even care.
help help help please. I've spent probably weeks of time in my life wasted on this.

Pic related. It's a frog I have in my backyard
>>
Your own face isn't something you should judge, since you know yourself too well to estimate your worth basing on the appearance. Consider that the way you look matters only to other people, but should not concern you at all. Instead of comparing your face to faces of others, try to figure out how much your appearance influences the way people treat you. To do it, look at their faces and think - do I really care that much how they look? Would you dislike a person completely just because he/she isn't attractive? Of course not. And from what you wrote, I assume you aren't hideous and repulsive. You're just too self conscious.

Don't spend too much time staring at the mirror. Whenever you compare yourself to others, remind yourself that it is completely futile to complain on something you can't change. Watch how your friends and acquaintances act towards you - do you feel that they treat you badly because of your face? If no, stop caring, you probably look fine. If yes, do you really want to be around those people?
>>
>>17090406
Great post, however if people wouldn't care how others look there wouldn't even be terms like ugly and beautiful.
>>
>>17090426
Oh, of course it matters. But when someone, like OP, hates his face, he starts thinking that your appearance is the most important factor, if not the only one. Unless you are seriously ugly, it's not. Most flaws you see in the mirror are either invisible to others, or they just don't care.
>>
>>17090337
When you compare yourself to others you're always going to end up disappointed for either caring too much or realizing that there will always be someone who looks better than you.

On the practical side there are plenty of ways to improve your facial aesthetics. For women wearing makeup that compliments their features and having the appropriate haircut for their facial structure, as well as putting on a genuine smile are all things that increase a woman's attractiveness.

On the more metaphysical level I think you should understand that your sense of self-worth is self cultivated. It is not reliant on the validation of others, and the confidence that attractive people have is usually based on people's validation of their attractiveness. Take that away and their confidence will crumble. If you build inner confidence that is separated from your looks, you will stop comparing yourself to others and become a much more happier and productive (and attractive) person.
>>
>>17090337
You have to develop the ability to accept anything you can't change.
And your face is one of them.
If you're hot, you're hot. If you're ugly, you're ugly.
Why worry about it if there's nothing you can do?
Just move on to problems you can actually fix.
>>
Showeth me thine face, Anon,

That I may pass judgement on it.
>>
File: Photo on 4-29-16 at 4.09 PM #3.jpg (152 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 4-29-16 at 4.09 PM #3.jpg
152 KB, 1080x720
OP here. Thanks everyone, i didn't think anyone would actually respond

I'll try to take your advice and let it soak into my heart. The thing is though, appearances can be changed with korean plastic surgery. Have you seen that, it's real good shit. Although I know if I ever got surgery, then I would become even more shallow :( Thus, I just want to stop hating myself

here's a pic of me. I'm average and not hideous without makeup; I just don't want to care how my face looks at all

Thanks again
>>
>>17090560
>I'm average and not hideous
Nah, you've got a cute face.

>be me
>be self-conscious about face
>get annoyed by it every time I see myself in a mirror
>decide to stop looking in mirrors when possible
>stop being annoyed
>>
>>17090560
you have literally nothing to worry about. At fucking all.
>>
>>17090575
Also: what if you get plastic surgery but still feel self-conscious? It would be a huge waste of money plus you'll look much different.
>>
>>17090560

Why do you care about how you look?

你会说中文吗?真漂亮的人也有漂亮的里面。

:^)
>>
>>17090585
Well, I guess that is one way to stop XD. Yeah, that's why I probably won't get surgery since it will just make me care even more how I appear. Thank you, please feel good about yourself too ok. Treat yourself well

>>17090581
Thanks

>>17090406
This is really wonderful. Thank you

>>17090606
I used to when I was younger, but I can't speak mandarin anymore. Thanks for the proverb, I'll keep it in mind

------
Okay I'm going to stop moping. It's going to take me awhile, but I do feel like I'll eventually be able to accept myself. Just know you all really made a difference in someones life today, even on 4chan. Have a wonderful weekend :)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.