[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
long distance relationships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
are LDRs really as bad as the overwhelming majority of the board makes them out to be?

ive been thinking about telling a girl i've known online for a couple of years now that i have feelings for her, but the ldr hate on this board makes me really skeptical. I already have plans to move out towards that area shes living in but that wont be able to happen until around this time next year.

should i tell her now and try to make he relationship work for a year online? or just wait until i'm closer and hope she doesn't get in a serious relationship in the meantime?
>>
>>17014347
Whats the point of incurring all the costs of a relationship without any of the benefits?
>>
Depends on several factors, in my opinion.

>how long distance
>your age
>ability to see each other (time, cost, etc)
>attitude towards LDR
>>
>>17014355
>how long distance
minnesota to oregon
>your age
19 and 20
>ability to see each other (time, cost, etc)
is this asking about real life visits? potentually possible, im currently working a job and going to college (reason for the year) so it would need to be during this summer or during a break in the school year. online though we see each other on teamspeak pretty much every day and text besides that anyways.
>attitude towards LDR
never been in one personally, i know shes been in two in the past, i know one was kind of superficial, and the other one i don't know the context of why it ended.
>>
>>17014384

I wouldn't bother trying anything until you're in a position where you can see each other regularly. You're very far apart and if you can't afford to fund regularly trips financially and time wise, things aren't going to develop. You also run the risk of building up expectations on the internet and things not feeling the same once you actually meet.

Continue to be friends online, don't limit yourself by committing to a relationship and see what happens when you move closer to her.
>>
>>17014388
thanks for the advice, i''ve always kind of had feelings for her but its been on my mind a lot lately for some reason, and been thinking about telling her just to get some piece of mind. but i don't want to ruin any real chance of a real relationship
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.