[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I biting off more than I can chew? I'm a full time student.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: day-46.jpg (19 KB, 352x364) Image search: [Google]
day-46.jpg
19 KB, 352x364
Am I biting off more than I can chew?

I'm a full time student. I work part time (weekends) and am called in often, usually at least one extra day a week, meaning I typically work 3 days a week. I have therapy 1 hour every week. I go to the gym once every other day for about 2 hours. I also am autistic, battling depression, and I and need lots of rest and downtime between being social. I sleep a good 10-12 hours every Sunday after spending the weekend at work being social. And now I want to take on an 8 week class that's two hours once a week. I would also supplement this class with self-study which would take up even more time, and would likely take a more advanced class of the same subject later on.

Is this final class too much? I've always been super ambitious and because I had a shit upbringing that was very constricting, I'm doing a lot of stuff now that I have a stable home environment. My therapist is encouraging but also wants me to slow down a little. I'm often too critical of myself and by far my worst enemy. If I fail at this, I'm worried it'd be hard on me mentally and I might feel like failure. I'd also be out $200 dollars, but I've learned something about myself so that's a justifiable trade off.
>>
>>17013942

OP you sound insufferable and that's coming from someone who doesn't know you. You type in a way that victimizes you to a ridiculous extend and is, in a way bragging about your workload. No one can determine what too much is for you, if you feel like you're being overwhelmed(from the way you type it sounds like it is) then tone it down. Don't victimize yourself from choices you've made however.
>>
>>17013942
Yeah I was like that as well. I used to work part time and go to college fulltime. I just gave up. Im done with all that shit. I never had free time and im sick of work taking the majority of my life. I honestly cant see myself doing this my whole life. Im going to kill myself this year. Im planning on traveling and spending the rest of my money and then ending it. Yeah i get, suicide is for cowards, life will get better, lol emo fgt. I heard it all before. Dont let me discourge you op. You sound awesome, but my your post just reminded of how jaded and sick i am of this life.
>>
bamp
>>
>>17013942
>Is this final class too much?
We can't really decide that for you, we don't know how much room in your schedule or energy you have to spare during the week.
>My therapist is encouraging but also wants me to slow down a little.
Then take the class later, if you can.
If you can't (eg if it's a seminar on specialized skills offered by an int'l organization that travels around between unis and will only be back in 3 years), might be better to take it and pull extra-hard for these 2 months.
>If I fail at this, I'm worried it'd be hard on me mentally and I might feel like failure.
Get better at failure. You sound like you have the drive to really succeed in whatever you're doing, and you'll have to get used to shrugging off failure as just a temporary setback, one easily fixed.

>>17013966
Don't be a dick
>>
File: howDoYouSleep.jpg (48 KB, 701x599) Image search: [Google]
howDoYouSleep.jpg
48 KB, 701x599
>>17013972
Arbeit macht frei, anon. Workaholism is like alcoholism: you can use it to bury the pain until someone (eg psychiatrist) finds a way to fix the underlying cause. I'm doing it right now.
Just gotta put your heart and soul into it, and never give yourself time to think.

If it was good enough for generations of men before us, it's good enough for us too.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.