[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 21 and applying to undergrad. I'd love some feedback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1459661823062.jpg (3 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1459661823062.jpg
3 MB, 2550x3300
I'm 21 and applying to undergrad. I'd love some feedback on my essay (incoming).
>>
Motherfucker nobody here is going to read it let alone give you good advice
>>
Prompt:
“Please provide a statement that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve. You can type directly into the box, or you can paste text from another source. (250-650 words)”

When I was a child, I questioned my surroundings incessantly. Whichever adult was nearest me got a never-ending earful of “how does this work?” “why is that there?” “what does it do?”.
I wanted to understand everything, and still do. The human body has always been very interesting to me. I’ve often wondered how the molecules come together to make a person who breathes and has a unique, individual consciousness. After taking neurophysiology and pharmacokinetics in high school, I decided I might like to be a pharmacist and started university courses in pre-pharm. A couple weeks in, I spoke to my professors and read online about what it’s like to be a pharmacist. I was so disappointed to learn that most of the knowledge obtained in pharmacy school is never applied, and being a pharmacist is mostly paperwork and counting pills. That realization shook me; I fear graduating with a degree I’ll eventually regret, or changing my mind 50 credits in. I elected to withdraw and take time to be certain of my choice before investing so much time and equity into a degree. Over the past three years, I’ve been cooking, painting houses, landscaping, working as a contractor, housekeeping, coaching people in fitness, and doing odd jobs. I’ve spent a large portion of my free time looking into different career paths, and after much consideration and meeting with professionals in the field, I’ve decided to become an M.D. and attend [SCHOOL]. Thank you for your consideration.
>>
>>16997333
If it's a course with relatively low grade requirements, you could write fuck all and it not matter.

The fact you didn't include a tl;dr for your wall of text means I ain't reading shit.
>>
>>16997365
>>16997339
samefag

bumping for actual replies
>>
bump
ur 3 years fucking around doesnt look good
>>
>>16997518
i dont have a time machine sooooo
>>
File: life.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3300
>>
bumping for advice
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.