[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have $1000 usd need bicycle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 750x750
How do I pick one out. Plz help thanks
>>
What do you want it for?

Go to the kind of store that sells bikes for your purpose and ask them. Or go on a bike forum.

Also, I agree with you on stuff in a lot of other threads but, unless you're an elaborate troll, you need to work on making your delivery something that doesn't inflame the sensibilities of people on 4chan.
>>
File: image.jpg (660 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
660 KB, 1536x2048
>>16992859
Sometimes I worry that maybe I am an elaborate troll. But I made this thread before and it died because I had to go to work. Didn't feel like typing it all out again but maybe it could help.

I'm thinking like a street bike. I want to take t to work and school, long distances. But sonetimes there are dirt roads and I like to jump curbs? Was looking into this and maybe a hybrid bike would be okay. Just not sure.
>>
File: 850px-Bicycle_diagram-en.svg.png (143 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
850px-Bicycle_diagram-en.svg.png
143 KB, 850x500
Well, I would recommend bicycle that:

> is cheap so when it gets stolen you won't go bankrupt
> is from normal material (aka steel frame) because you won't tell the difference anyway
> is mountain bike because it is the most versatile you can get and it won't break so easily as city bikes with thin wheels
> has unique color (because the more weird it looks the less chance it gets stolen)
> has technology named derailleur so you can go fast no matter anything like 3x5 is good.

And then get a bell on it. It is cheap and when you need the walkers to clear the road you just *cling* *cling* and you can pass them all.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
>>16992957
I want to pay around $1k because I deserve nice things. Probably get GPS tracker for hunting down thieves.

Mountain bikes are what I grew up with and they did well enough, but some of the sites I've been doing research on suggest a street bike would be a lot faster and easier on paved roads. Are hybrid bikes not a viable option?

Thanks for the post. You seem to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>16992853
We have a bicycle board
>>>/n/
If may say transportation but its only about bikes
>>
>>16992974
>be a lot faster and easier on paved roads
LOL. Yes sure it will be like by 5% better. However I am afraid until you go to Olympics games you don't worry about such things.

Also forgot to mention to get a helm. It won't save you from car accident, but it will save you from tree / dog / human / another bicycle crashes.
>>
>>16992978
What no way. That's awesome thanks :)

Bicycle board!

>>16992999
Why only 5%? The other websites seemed to think it was a pretty big deal. And ofc helmet lol. I'm all about safety :)

Need to brush up on local bicycle law too.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.