[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I always feel motivated to do random shit in the evening,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 558080__matsushima-michiru_p.jpg (174 KB, 969x545) Image search: [Google]
558080__matsushima-michiru_p.jpg
174 KB, 969x545
Why do I always feel motivated to do random shit in the evening, right before I need to go to bed? If I stay up I end up doing nothing anyway because I keep telling myself I need to sleep, and if I go to sleep, when I wake up in the morning again I have 0 motivation to do anything. How do I escape this vicious cycle?
>>
>>16967801
I kinda relate the thing I do is if something is a couple days away I'm like yeah let's do it and I'll do this and this also but when the day comes I don't do anything, the way I see it is I get hyped because I know I don't have to do anything and the problem isn't gonna get resolved yet. Like example I'll ask out a girl let's say Wednesday and it'll be Sunday, I'll get hyped, I'll rehearse and wait for the day, Monday comes Tuesday comes and I'm still all for it but then Wednesday I make excuses and i flake out.
>>
>>16967801
I am the same.

Night owls i guess.
>>
>>16967801
This is going to sound harsh, buy here's what I heard and agree with. At night, it's easier to get motivated because you know deep down inside you're not in a position to actually do the stuff, so you can be content imagining it. When morning comes and you physically could, your brain "shuts off" motivation because it doesn't want you to work (laziness).

It's nothing to be ashamed of, but you will need willpower to follow through with your ideas.
>>
>>16968566
Yep I do this too sometimes, I imagine something will be easy in my head and am motivated but when it comes down to actually starting to do it I realize how hard it is and flake out.

>>16968590
Is that really it?
>>
>>16968946
I see, that does sound like it.. I mean, I end up doing nothing no matter whether I stay up or not, lol. Dammit, my brain is smarter than me >_>

How do I start to train my willpower? I know I need to make a habit of it and do it small steps at a time, but I never seem to be able to keep motivation for a long time so even if I start something I stop doing it 3-4 days afterwards.
>>
>>16967801
>>16968590
>>16968957
>>16968976

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/q-a-why-is-blue-light-before-bedtime-bad-for-sleep/
>>
>>16969164
Well, it's not that I can't fall asleep or event don't feel sleepy - I do, I just feel like "I don't want this day to end yet, there's so many things I still want to do!" and choose not to go to bed..
>>
File: 233261.jpg (37 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
233261.jpg
37 KB, 225x350
>>
>>16967801
Find a good book, get hyped to read it before bed. Spend 30 min to 1 hr reading it. Go to bed. Repeat. Works for me.
>>
>>16971431
Follow up on this. Really just force yourself into a routine. Drink tea, watch a nightly tv show. Anything to kind of settle down but just exciting enough to make you want to leave 4chan for the night.
>>
>>16971431
Well, if I read a book, then I still won't do anything else, since I won't have any motivation to do those things in the morning. I'm not having trouble falling asleep, what I mean is that I feel motivated to do things in the evening, and in the evening only.
>>
>>16971452
Guess I thought you meant that you stay up to late doing stuff and are too tired in the morning. In that case, I don't know, it's all about mindset. For me, I know once I start watching tv or gaming, my day of work is over. I ensure I accomplish everything I need to ahead of time. Sometimes it's about setting. There are some days where if I don't force myself to leave my apartment, I won't accomplish any research that day. If it's work that is required at your house, perhaps reward yourself for doing it earlier by having dessert or a drink that evening. Don't know if any of that is helpful. Wish the best for you anon.
>>
>>16971472
Yeah, I guess I could have worded the OP a bit better. You have a point there, I think when I did non-fun things first and then rewarded myself with entertaining things, it was easier to stay motivated.. but I can't really do that anymore.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.