[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Get social security because my father is dead >Ever since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: faggot.jpg (23 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
23 KB, 480x368
>Get social security because my father is dead
>Ever since I was tiny my mom stole every bit of it
>Recently got fed up with her fucking shit and told her to split the check with me because she spends the entire $680 dollars in one night, leaving me with jack fucking shit to actually spend. If I forgot to buy something as soon as the check gets on the card (10:00 PM and the day before it comes) it will all be gone within in a few hours.
>Mom agrees to split the check with me for now on. This agreement was set last month.
>Day the money gets here
>Mom splits the check
>"Hey it's finally nice to have my own money at hand. Imma buy my self something nice, as well as a nice coat since I need a new one" I think to my self
>Have around 180 dollars left, planned on saving it for gf's birthday coming up on April 10th
>Also wanted to save it so next month I'll have even more money on me.
>Literally the next day mom spends all her portion of the money and asks if she can have 20
>I say sure and give her the benefit of the doubt
>She takes more than $20, ends up leaving me with 38 dollars.
>Confront her
>She says "I'LL PAY YOU BACK"
>Say okay and that I need the money by April 2nd because that's when I'm going shopping
>I don't spend the remaining amount, save it for gf
>Mom steals card from my wallet and spends more money
>Leaves me with $11
>Says she took money "so she could get a job" (actual and literal quote. I have no clue what the fuck she meant)
>At some point she steals card again and leaves me with $8 (This happened today. I checked the balanced when I woke up)
>Yesterday she gave me twenty bucks. Said "i'll get you the rest tomorrow"
>Be today
>Ignoring my calls and texts and just recently turned off her phone.
>Today is the day I'm going shopping

What the fuck can I do? I'm tired of this shit happening.
>>
>>16988506
Why the fuck do you split money with your mother anyway?
>>
It's hard to tell the entire context here, but this is a short-term issue at the worst. If you don't have a job and aren't making your own money then you can't really afford to be buying your gf expensive presents anyways - a token present should be fine.

The longer term issue of course, is not being financially independent. Your mom sounds like she's struggling mightily - be it her own fault or not, I don't know. But squabbling over the scraps of social security isn't really beneficial to either you or your mom.

Why don't you have a job yourself? What's your plan to become financially secure in your future? These are more important than getting your mom to pay back the couple hundred or whatever, which she in all likelihood is spending to pay your housing/food bills, etc.
>>
>>16988506
serious question, why did you leave your card in your wallet after the first time?
Wouldn't you be mildly inclined to hide it after it was stolen the first time?
>>
>>16988538
She's not spending it on housing/food/bills. We live at my grandparents house. She doesn't have a job and the only source of income that she gets is the SS.
She gambles and smokes a lot of pot so I assume the money that she spends goes straight to that.
My grandparents pay for the food, bills, housing, my clothes, etc. It's only once in a blue moon that she actually spends the money on those things.
>>
>>16988546
I usually have my wallet on me and usually within my sight if it's not in my pocket. Chances are she took it while I wasn't looking.
>>
>>16988557
that's more or less what I assumed. Why don't you have a job yourself though? I assume you're under 18 and the benefits are all technically your mom's?

If she shares in the future, hide your money and/or claim you spent it already.
>>
Find a way to get full control over YOUR money. Open a savings account at a bank, and get a debit card? Don't let her get any access to YOUR money. She's an addict and you may be enabling her addictions.
>>
>>16988589
Been too focused on my studies to dedicate time to look one. It's also hard to find one around these parts.
If I hide it she'll throw a HUGE fit. My Grandparents know about this issue and I was thinking I would give the debit card to them to hide it.
>>
>>16988601
I have a debit card, it's in my wallet right now actually which is sitting here on my desk. Any clue on how to get full control of it?
>>
>>16988609
how exactly is your mom taking it then? change your pin number and don't tell her
>>
>>16988619
She doesn't have it right now. She doesn't have it because it has hardly any money left on it. Because the card is under her name and I don't think I can actually change the pin number. Before anyone says anything, that doesn't change the fact that the money is supposed to go to me not her
>>
Your mom sounds like a real piece of shit. Why don't you just nut up and say "mom, stop stealing my money to spend on weed you fucking deadbeat"?
>>
>>16988643
I have before not as confrontational though. Doesn't stop her.
>>
>open checking account with credit union
>withdrawal your portion of your check in cash
>deposit it into your personal checking account
>>
>>16988647

No shit, because it wasn't as confrontational. If you politely ask her to stop robbing you blind she is not going to do it, man up and TELL her.
>>
>>16988628
> Because the card is under her name and I don't think I can actually change the pin number. Before anyone says anything, that doesn't change the fact that the money is supposed to go to me not her

Okay, first - that's not your own account. You don't have an account or a debit card, you are borrowing your mom's.

Second, I'm pretty sure the money is actually your mom's. If it's her debit card and her account and her husband's social security money, it's hers. At best if you're a minor, then survivor benefits for you are going to be held in trust by HER. Now, she might be irresponsible with it, but she's the one that controls it, not you.

I don't think you know enough about your own damn situation to understand what's going on here. If you had your own account, with your own debit card with YOUR name on it, then she couldn't take "your" money.

Fix your situation.
>>
>>16988672
Than what exactly can I do to get my mother to stop spending all of 'her' money on drugs and gambling huh?
It's not that I didn't "understand the situation" it's that I know my mother is spending the money that's supposed to be spent on me completely irresponsibly. That's whole point of SS, it's supposed to go to your kids; not weed.
>>
>>16988691
>That's whole point of SS

That's actually NOT the point of social security. You've confused SS death benefits with "child support". Social security was paid by your dad with his taxes, and now is being repaid back by the government. There is NO requirement that it be spent on you, and in fact it is not entirely clear to me that this money is earmarked for you at all - social security benefits usually go directly to surviving spouses (i.e. your mother).

Again, you don't appear to understand the situation. SS is not child support.

I don't disagree that your mom is stupid for spending her money that way, mind you. Just that you have a right for it to be spent as you see fit.
>>
OP how old are you?
>>
>>16988506
Step One: STOP BEING A FUCKING BITCH.

My god man, can you grow some fucking nuts? Please? Your mother lives with your grandparents. Go to your grandparents and inform them that your mother is stealing money DIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR WALLET when you are FUCKING ASLEEP. Get them on your side.

THEN, when the next payment comes, you withdrawal EVERY SINGLE CENT and put it in a SAFE PLACE that your mother can't get to.

Then when she screams and cries like the fucking bitch she is, you man the fuck up and say:
>YOUVE BEEN STEALING FROM ME FOR YEARS - STEALING FROM ME - MY DEAD FATHER'S MONEY. BACK. THE FUCK. UP.
What the fuck is she gonna do, not love you anymore? BOO HOO she doesn't love you right now!

Please grow a fucking spine. Please.
>>
>>16988691
>spending the money that's supposed to be spent on me

Suddenly the whole situation becomes clear. OP, quit whining about how you want your mom to give you HER FUCKING MONEY and go get yourself a damn job.
>>
How old are you op? If under 18 your mom likely can be accused of neglect or abuse if someone reports her to child protective services. I think you reach your majority at 18 or 21. Not sure which. Call CPS maybe or have brands do it?

And How old are you??
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.