[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend is 46 years old and still making dumb choices,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
My girlfriend is 46 years old and still making dumb choices, the current situation is she is in Community College with plans to transfer to a University School to get her actual degree from. She's persuing a Bachelors in Accounting with a minor in International Business and learning French as a foreign language.

We argue almost every day, I tell her shes pursing a garbage degree and to study for a Medical profession job or something worthwhile, i tell her Accountants in Los Angeles where we are from is a $13 to $15 an hour job if she can find one and Accountants are being replaced by Computer Software and that regarding an International Business Degree its as useless as toilet paper.

I tell her its not worth the time or the student loan debt shes going to take on once she transfers to a University. She feels i dont know what i am talking about and that i just dont want to see her make it.

*sigh*.......BAKA
>>
>>16954759

The fuck do you care for? Are you paying for it? Not like you are married to her.

Besides, nobody is safe from the ass fucking to come with where AI will be in the next 5 years.

NOBODY.

Everybodies job is at risk. The next big bubble is education. It is going to crash down as nobody will be able to afford it with increasing unemployment and less skilled jobs paying a living wage. Education debt may be partially forgiven or even completely forgiven. Same will be true for extremely expensive healthcare. Wages will go down dramatically for medical workers as the glut increases from people thinking like you. Doctors will be less and less needed with predictive AI already being extremely accurate on medical diagnosis. Robotics and AI are being developed so that surgeries can be completely automated too.

Times a changing.
>>
>>16954783

... cont

I don't know if you noticed what is going on. Savers are being punished severely all across the world and people that take risks and debt are being rewarded. They are doing everything in their power to keep the consumption engine going but it will come crashing down soon. We are starting to see it already in Europe. They are trying to go to a completely cashless society not because of efficiency and crime, but because of the ability to control peoples money and incur negative interest rate penalties on peoples savings.

The house of cards is coming down. It will all be finally culminated in the inability of the US government to service its debts any longer. With a complete lack of faith in even bonds, they will issue a new currency, absolve all the debt, and any money that you have will be transferred to the new currency for maybe ten cents on the dollar. The people that win though are people that hold lots of debt.

Your gf is taking debt that for now she can't escape, but an education can't be repossessed. It is not the worst idea in the world considering the apocolyptic scenario we are in store for.
>>
>>16954759
What the fuck do you know? Studying medicine will take years and a shitload of cash which means loading up on more debt than she'll likely shift in the next 10 years. She'd have to work fucking hard and long hours for the next 15 years just to be in an OK position, by which time she'll be at retirement age.

Let her study Accounting and Business Management. It doesn't mean she'll be an accountant--she could find a job in any of hundreds of Finance jobs with such a degree. (e.g. Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Tax Accounting, Tax Advice, Revenue Accounting, GL Accounting, Commercial Finance, Pricing, Reporting). There are shitloads of jobs out there for people with degrees like that, and will be for her lifetime.
>>
I care because she quit her job and has been living with me while shes in school for the past 2 years, i support her financially.
>>
File: 1455406577365.jpg (20 KB, 406x536) Image search: [Google]
1455406577365.jpg
20 KB, 406x536
>>16954817

I hope the pussy is good. Sounds like you are being taken for a ride.
>>
Well, you guys put some things into perspective.....re-evaluating my thoughts and what i thought i knew.
>>
She wise to aim for international business as most US manufacturing has gone overseas. Chinese, Japanese or Spanish would server her better, French is worthless. (I'm fluent in French, almost never use it. Most French people are Speaking English)

Being in LA, an import hub, she's made a wise decision. President Trump proposes many changes to the Import industry, which will create many new accounting positions.
>>
>>16955145
everything you just said is based on outdated information that is becoming more outdated by the month or is based on wild assumptions that no sane person should base any career on.

OP, if you're fighting all the time and don't see a future, break up.

I'm happier for having done it and it sounds like you will be too.

just saiyan
>>
>>16955162
>deluded wishful thinking
>girlfriend dumped me

enjoy your hand
>>
Thanks for the feedback guys
>>
>>16954783
This right here.

We're ALL on the chopping block. Although I'd argue 5 years is too close. Give it 10 and even then it will be a domino effect as industry after industry does automates vasts amounts of the workforce.

And EVERY fucking boom also has a busts. Medicine is no different. They will get theirs.

Let your gf dream even though she is old AF and by this point her best working years are far behind her. It's just an associates too, it's not like she's spending too much. If anything, you're the sucker here since she's obviously using you as a launchpad.
>>
>>16955218
you mean the freedom to pursue any girl I want, I will.

you enjoy having no realistic view of the global economy or national demographics. sure it'll serve you well.
>>
>>16955367
read op's pic
then ask yourself why it makes you so angry to hear the truth.
america enjoyed manufacturing for a long time
now it's her turn to be communist for a while.
demanding $15 an hour minimum wage is insane, when the rest of the world can and will do work for a fraction of that. you won't be refusing to work for long. you'll be working for the people's republic soon, and get free housing, and food
>>
>>16954783
>>16954800
Thinking to myself like "It's 6am; I bet everyone on 4chan is asleep now"
But u woke af senpai keep posting (but not too much the feds will start parking outside your house and monitoring your calls)
>>
This is an intelligence/life awareness/general competency issue. You need a partner who has a fucking brain and has really thought thru her life actions, at least the ones in 2016. Dump her, you're miserable.
>>
Bumping for entertainment purposes.
>>
>>16954759
>degree in accounting
>international business
>French

These three things synergize very well. French is a valuable language in international commerce.

It sounds like she hopes to travel Europe for her career. Accountants are needed in every institution, and are generously paid. Maybe not where you live... but that's moot, as I said. She wants to travel.
>>
Well, not you OP but her
>>
>>16956251
Sounds like she's planning on leaving OP in the dust. :o)
>>
>>16954759

at 46 a practical degree in something one can actualy find a job with is far more usefull than medical school

also, at 46 she is definitely not your 'girlfriend' shes a woman you fuck and/or live with but wont mary
>>
I dont know where everybody keeps coming up with Med School, i said go to school for something in the Medical field, you know, a nurse, respiratory therapist, dialysis tech, hell anything.

And yup we're not married, she was going through a divorce when i met her and says she doesnt want to get married again.
>>
>>16957095
>And yup we're not married, she was going through a divorce when i met her and says she doesnt want to get married again
I'm not even a conservativefag but jesus christ anon use your brain

>>16956251
>>16956918
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.