[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel so weird whenever I do nice things for people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: dexter.jpg (584 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
dexter.jpg
584 KB, 2000x1334
Why do I feel so weird whenever I do nice things for people? I'm not saying that I hate it, but something about it feels unfamiliar and awkward about it to me. Whenever I go out of my way to do things for people that I know, it seems to catch them off guard. It's not that I don't like doing it, but giving out compliments and helping people with their problems just seems odd to me.

I used to be a really selfish person and and a complete asshole and this change is somewhat new to me, but I don't really understand why doing things that normally make people feel better about themselves feels so odd to me.

Am I just inherently selfish to some degree?
>>
>>16936888
I don't like getting compliments and find it difficult to congratulate people sometimes as well. I try my best to be nice to everyone and never let stereotypes affect me, but I just don't like being all "whoa dude, you did (X)!? no way! congrats man, lets throw a party!"

In your case, you should ask yourself: "Am I an asshole by nature? Do I want to be an asshole? Or maybe i'm just more reserved in social settings?", because quiet types like myself can even mistake themselves to be dicks when really they just dont want to be bothered too much with socializing.

Don't know if that helped.
>>
>>16936967
I can be reserved at times, but I'm a pretty extroverted person. It's just that sometimes I feel like being too much of an insensitive person keeps me from developing close enough relationships with people to the point where I'm satisfied with it.

It helps a little bit, I can relate.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.