[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't want to write another "I'm so depressed"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1435847821312.jpg (153 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1435847821312.jpg
153 KB, 495x495
I don't want to write another "I'm so depressed" post, but it's not going too well. Everything is shit. It's been that way for a long time.

I don't know what to do and I'm confused and tired. I'm stuck in a negative thought spiral and I have no idea how to break out of my general confusion and negativity. I have access to Nembutal and I'm thinking about taking my life.
It would be easy and painless.

My therapist said that checking myself into a mental hospital might be a good idea. I don't know. Should I do it? I don't have many options left at the moment.
>>
>>16940515
lol who currs???!
>>
Hey if you're serious about suicide then mental hospital can't hurt. It doesn't get much worse than being dead.

From the sounds of things there probably isn't much that can be said that you haven't heard already. So I guess the only thing I can tell you in my state of unknowing is to keep trying to change things until something works.
>>
>>16940515
I'd of course recommend going into the mental hospital, but other than that I say that you should try something different in your life. Try talking to new people or just do something drastically different. If you're stuck in a rut then you not going to get out unless you change something. Now you may be an awkward fuck but all it takes to meet new people and do new things is either apathy or false confidence. My hope is that by changing your life in some way your break out of the "negative thought spiral"

P.S. don't kill yourself
>>
You should try treatment. I was suicidal and doing lots of drugs and I checked myself into inpatient treatment, and was there for about a month. I really liked it. Helped loads. After that, I started going to outpatient for 1 hour a day 5 days a week, which I did for about 5 months. Both of these experiences were great for me, and I would highly recommend treatment if you want to get better. I've been sober for 8 months now.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.