[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neuropsychology eval.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 443x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 443x401
Any psychologists or neuropsychs here?

I recently completed a battery of neuropsychological tests and the examiner found several learning disabilities in addition to depression. They said I needed disability accommodations in college and I should get career counseling though my state's vocational rehab. Dept.

Here are the diagnoses:

Axis 1: depression, delayed sleep phase, adhd, dyscalculia (sequencing), residual language disability
Axis 2: deferred
Axis 3: n/a
Axis 4: emancipation, career planning
Axis 5: GAF 70

In spite of all this, I have an IQ in the superior-very superior range.

How fucked am I?
>>
>I recently did these online surveys! Somebody validate them!
No you fucknose, if you were actually evaluated you'd be listening to the doctors right the fuck in front of you, not random shithead #8 from the internet.
>>
>>16917975
No I'm posting here just to see what people think. I've already heard my doctor's opinion.
>>
It entirely depends on what you want to do with your life, and if you actually do it. If you want something badly enough you can have it.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with PTSD, temporary psychosis, and depression, scored a 42 on GAF. I'm doing much better now and am starting the path towards becoming an MD.

It really depends on whether you're willing to seriously examine yourself and start making changes. I have an IQ S/B scale of 132, and that didn't stop me from dropping out of school the first time round. Stop telling yourself you're smart. It's not useful and will give you a false sense of accomplishment. You're only as smart as you act.
>>
>>16917983
Delayed sleep phase is bullshit. Just get some excercise.
>>
>>16918000
My doctor told me numerical iq scores are an outdated concept and wouldn't tell me my exact score.
>>
>>16918000
I think the math disorder disqualifies me from any kind of engineering.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 540x540
Bump
>>
>>16917971

I'm not a psychologist, but I am a psych major and going into grad studies soon enough so take my advice for what it is.

Get a second opinion. Don't mention anything about prior testing/test results. If another psychologist finds the same or similar findings as the initial one did, you may have a problem and it could be useful to follow their recommendations. If not well, there you go.
You could also go to a psychiatrist or just a general physician. Psychologists are faggots and psychology is a hack science which I have no idea why I'm even majoring in (hopefully I get into med school?).
>>
>>16917971
Learning disabilities like dyscalcula have nothing to do with IQ. Some very smart people are dyslexic and some very dumb people aren't.

The only official "accommodations" I know of for minor dys-type disabilities is that some schools and universities give you extra time on exams or allow calculators. They re not usually considered sufficiently handicapping to warrant special legal protection.
>>
>>16918576
She also specified having the formulas written down on notecards during tests.
>>
>>16918550
This report took about 10 hours of testing and cost $5000.
>>
You are probably "highly gifted". Go read on the http://sengifted.org/ website. The essay about "hearing the flowers sing" might be informative. Giving ADHD diagnosis to highly gifted is sadly common. Some highly gifted might also mask their adhd with their giftedness though. Its a somewhat complicated subject.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.