[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mom gives me the the option to take uni classes or get thrown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: faster.gif (557 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
faster.gif
557 KB, 480x270
>mom gives me the the option to take uni classes or get thrown out
>no motivation, fail the first time
>she's pissed
>take fewer classes the second time
>professors email me and suggest withdrawal , say I'll fail at the "current rate"

Should I tell my mom now, or try to prepare and find a job, then tell her at the end of the semester?
>>
>>16916398
Tell her now and ask for a month to look for a job. Make sure you actually look. Then take the first job that comes along that's even remotely feasible. As in, don't take a job you know you physically can't do, like a with heavy lifting if your back is fucked, or a job where you have to drive a lot if you have some condition that makes it painful to drive. But don't invent reasons not to take a job just because it doesn't sound like fun.

What are you studying if I might ask? Why do you think you're not motivated?
>>
>>16916514
Finance. I'm just too used to lazing around and just surviving as a C student, and that transferred badly into college
>>
Tell your mom I'll move in and get straight a's if she lets me live there for free.

>tfw can't afford to finish college because no parents to pay for it or give me free room and board

Bet you'll feel motivation when you're on the street begging for a minimum wage job
>>
>>16916514
Do this. Show her that you're trying to turn around. Also talk to your advisors and your counselors to see if you can't find a way to change because this is going to fuck you over once/if you graduate.
>>
>>16916828
How will it fuck me over then?
>>
explain the situation to her now, don't wait until you do flunk out or withdraw to bring it up

that's what I did, I don't recommend it. My parents did eventually get over it (and they didn't kick me out thankfully, though I was preparing for that to happen) things were very tense between me and my dad for a long time. I ended up getting work as a security guard and that definitely helped cool things down a bit. I tried to join the military since that seemed like a great way to get away from home and not have to worry about finding a job but unfortunately that didn't pan out because of medical reasons, though I'd recommend you look into that.
>>
>>16917923

well, i dunno about the professional landscape in your part of the world,

but if your current authority figure, mom, doesn't believe you're genuinely trying to take ownership of your life, its going to start fucking with your relationship with her, and she's going to start treating you like the leach you will become.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.