[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confession: I can't stop shoplifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
14 KB, 250x250
I've been doing it several times a week for months now. I get an adrenaline rush when I take things.

My main target is high end clothing stores, and places that sell cosmetics like Sephora. Chains like Target is pretty easy, though.

I know I'm an asshole for doing this, but it's not like I don't work full time or go to school full time.

It's fun and feels good, but guilt eventually sets in.

It's getting really hard to stop and I know that one of these days I might get caught.

I feel like venting, sorry. Any similar situations please share.
>>
Stop before you get caught. You don't want a criminal record later down the road.
>>
>>16920708
Keep doing it.
I work at a botique and I love seeing assholes like you get taken down.
The security guard tackled a chick to the floor the other day and dragged her off wailing it was awesome.

If you don't want to eventually get your ass served to you on a silver platter, then just control your fucking actions. Is it really worth going to jail over? Seriously? Just think about the worst case scenario every time you're about to take something. Is that urban decay palette really worth going to jail over? Putting a permanent stain on your record to where you'll never get a job?
Is it really worth it? Find another way to get a rush or reevaluate your sad existence if stealing from stores is what gets you excited
>>
>>16920708
I do the same thing anon.

I go after expensive cheeses, I don't morally have a problem with it because I steal from chain stores.

I look up the revenue for the supermarket chain and it's fucking 43 Billion dollars a year, if anything they're making a profit off of both wealthy and poor people. There is no concession for homeless or poor people, so fuck them.

Just don't steal from independent stores or anything that will damage someone.

Would you like to share tips? I bring a razor blade into the stores so I can slice open things like headphones, yugioh, magic cards, USBs chargers and soforth.

Life is too mundane for me, I'm not going to stop, but I can tell you I've probably stolen $10k worth of merch over my years.
>>
Honey listen to me. Listen to my story.

Don't be ashamed. I've been through this and so has a friend of mine. Yes, it feels great. I used to do it when I had just had a baby and I would lift things from Target and put it under her blankert (later I found out from my fellow klepto that stores target new moms as being the most likely to shoplift!)

However, one day (and it was a Sunday) I was with my husband at Whole Foods and I took a bottle of water (79 cents) and just walked out with it with him. I didn't even think about it because I'd stolen at least $200 worth of cosmetic stuff from WF that year. But a store detective came after me, took me and my husband into a back room, and I thought -- Oh fucking shit. This is it. I was terrified. My husband was bitching at them because it was so stupid for a bottle of water and I dont' remember what happened but we went out the room and the cop that was stationed at the door (a big-blonde Nazi-looking fella) listened to the detective who was trying to get him to arrest me and he just said, "Whatever…. it's fine. Just dont' do it again." and he kind of rolled his eyes at the detective.

That was the moment I stopped lifting. I knew it was God giving me a warning to cut it out.

I really dont' want that to have to happen to you.
>>
>>16920731
>that butthurt

I'm not OP, but I used to steal shit in middle school. Most chains don't call the police, let alone apprehend the lifters.

But op, you should really stop. You don't want a record.
>>
>>16920734
Are you seriously trying to tell me that stealing isn't a morally reprehensible thing?

First of all, you can't say "they already have a lot so it's ok for me to take some" as a justification for stealing.
The ONLY morally justifiable reason for stealing is if someone's life depends on it. If your sister is malnourished and she needed a loaf of bread to live and you stole it for her wellbeing, then I can sympathize with the thief.

You don't need any of the things you steal. You WANT them. You are so greedy that you try to rationalize it like "they won't miss this-they're making so much money anyways and I am not directly hurting anyone"

The problem is that you are directly hurting people- the employees. When a store has a high "shrink" rate, they are put under special supervision and employees are much more likely to get fired if they mess up at all or waste company time/money. The company has to make up for what you're taking in some way or another, and even if you're not stealing from an identifiable person, the absence of the object that you're stealing negetivly affects the company and therefore the people that work for the company.

If you're going to steal; then go ahead. But DONT try to rationalize it as something that is trivial or unimportant. You are negetivly affecting the lives of others by stealing. Accept your actions for what they are.
>>
>>16920734
lol thanks, I'm not proud, but I typically wear clothes I wanna steal on my person, and simply cut the tags off.

Cosmetics are easy because you just take it out of the package and slip it into a tote bag.

As a female, I walk around with feminine hygiene products in places like target and cvs, it usually makes the male employees uncomfortable to approach me, and then I take lipsticks, headphones, etc
>>
>>16920708
Went through a faze as a teenager of stealing and its amazing what you get away with.

200dollar lighter from a ship shop, lovely ornament that made a nice birthday present.

The buzz too. Round here you get a fine or a slap on the wrist too at worse.

Might take this up again, thanks OP!
>>
>>16920762
I worked in retail for years, the longest at j crew. People stole shit but I didn't get paid enough to care. I'm sure this applies to other places as well.

Don't like it? Don't steal.
Jealous? Steal. And be good at it.
>>
>>16920745
? Are you dumb
Most stores have LP- I know fora. Fact that Sephora does because one of my coworkers works there.
They have cameras everywhere and there's a whole area in the back dedicated to loss prevention and apprehending shoplifters.
In my store we have an area in the back that has pictures of people who are suspected of shoplifting so that when we see them come in we can keep an extra close eye on them. We also have a list of people that have been caught shoplifting in the past and we alert security when they walk in so that they can watch them in the cameras.

And I am butt hurt. The supervisors yell at US when people shoplift because they insist that it's our fault for not engaging them enough. I've literally seen people get fired before because they weren't cautious enough to catch someone who was shoplifting
>>
>>16920785
lol then get fired because I think I might get back into the good ol' lifting and selling business.

Any serious shop lifter knows not to repeat the same exact stores with the same clothing. And no, don't tell me you guys put that much fucking effort into identifying hundreds, thousands of people who have shop lifted at your store.
>>
>>16920762
Suck my hole you white dog
It's not rationalizing, it's literally go fuck yourself and fuck them. If they didn't want their shit stolen en masse they shouldn't make it so easy.
I don't want your sympathy, I'm not in the USA, my country actually has financial safety nets so why don't you mind your own fucking business you moral cuckhold.

>>16920765
I find it easy to put shit like cosmetics into one of those handheld carts, you can hold it close to your chest to block the view of other shoppers and staff easily, that and when they restock you can use their trolleys to block the cameras view.

Don't feel bad, most of that shit is made overseas. If you have ever been to a SE Asian country you can get the same quality of clothing for $1 AUD no shit.

Just, expand your world view man, not much really matters in life, not like these assholes will tell you. Marcus Aurelius has a fun saying 'Everything is an opinion'.

Saying that though it's best you do manage your problem, personally what I do is go for smaller things nowdays, low risk, I get my kicks and practically impossible for me to get busted. I stole a jar of caviar last night, taste like shit, it's going in the trash brother. Thug life#
>>
>>16920799
What I'm telling you is that LP aka loss prevention is a whole branch of most companies and those people's WHOLE JOBS is to catch shoplifters- so yes, they do put that much effort in to it.

Go ahead- I'm not telling you that you can't shoplift- but know that you are hurting regular people who are trying to make an honest living. That 80$ thing that you steal would take me two whole days of work to earn. You stealing makes life harder for me, so don't expect me to show you any mercy if I catch you.
Do what you want, but realize that there are consequences, and don't try to paint yourself like some kind of robinhood when you're just a leech.
>>
>>16920801
Hahaha enjoy rotting in jail for some dumb crap you lazy piece of shit.

You're a drain on society. I hope you get what's coming to you.

I get that some people shop lift for alternative reasons, but THIS^ is the kind of person we get most often. Unapologetic assholes who have deluded themselves into thinking that their actions have no consequences, and that they can still be "good people's even though their actions are directly harming others.
>>
>>16920785
Haha, that's funny as shit.

There was this one store my brother and I used to hit CONSTANTLY.

We stole so much shit from them that within a month they had the staff wearing headsets, they had CCTV cameras literally fixed onto the roof so you could see you're on camera.
But fuck man, I was at the counter and I had my pants stuffed with fucking 40 odd packets of yugioh booster packs and a retarded kid had seen me shoving them in my pants

The retard was behind me in line and he said to me 'YOU MUST LIKE YUGIOHS'

haha, that's the closest I've ever came to being busted, but the guy just ignored him because he was retarded.

I was like 13 at the time

>>16920823
Sounds like you're a bit deluded into trying to shame me.

you are aware not all criminals get caught?
>>
>>16920838
Lmfao I was just at a liquor stealing all types of shit and shoving them in my pants. (I fit like 10 things in my pants), anyways the Arab guy told me to take the shit out and I was like "what are you talking about" then he turned his monitor around and showed me on camera stealing shit. That's when I screamed harrasment and the other customer started yelling at the Arab guy and I bolted out the store. I saw a cop car drive around like 2 mins later and that's when I ducked into some bushes. Best rush I've felt in a long time, probably gonna cut down on the stealing now.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.