[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>smoked a medium-large joint last night without much of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1457222450276.jpg (25 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1457222450276.jpg
25 KB, 500x388
>smoked a medium-large joint last night without much of a tolerance
>caused: anxiety, social anxiety, disturbing delusions, paranoia, (probably) psychosis, fast heart rate
>back to 'normal' today and actually feel really good for some reason
>despite feeling really good today, I skipped dinner last night because of the high

I've had pretty nasty anxiety and social anxiety for the past 3 years or so (marijuana use exacerbated my anxiety). I'm just wondering if there are any long-term effects of acute marijuana-induced psychosis...? I can't imagine that there aren't, and I'm afraid of what might happen if I spend too much time in those marijuana-induced states of psychosis.

I'm not sure if psychosis/delusions can occur in *anyone* if they smoke enough, but I'm hoping that was the cause for the last night as opposed to the marijuana heightening some dormant schizophrenic gene(s).

Just for fun:
>ex-girlfriend had a stroke when she was about 15; had to learn how to walk, talk, etc all over again
>2 weeks into dating she said, "I'm hungry for your soul" in a deep, raspy voice after mentioning skipping lunch
>gave her the benefit of the doubt despite concerns; strokes do weird shit to people, etc
>lost virginity to her
>2 weeks after the first incident she says, while drunk, "I ate my own soul" and "I ate part of your soul"
>broke up with her 2 days later

Last night, I felt like some sort of evil spirit was pinning me down (it was couch lock, but it was so intrusive that I wasn't able to override it). I also felt like an association between sex and her 'evilness' had ruined sex for me. I haven't had sex with anyone since her, but I'm pretty sure she fucked me up much more badly than I originally thought.
>>
You are just a weak ass bitch nigga

Grow a pair
>>
>>16907984
pic related is me

so not true
>>
>>16907971

From everything you're saying here, it sounds like you should avoid drugs for a while.

I smoked weed pretty heavily for about six years, and every now and then I'd have a bad experience kind of like you described. Paranoia is definitely a potential side effect, there was one particularly bad night where I was actually convinced I was having a heart attack, which I think was a legit panic attack. (I quit shortly after.)

I don't think there have been any permanent effects on me, my mind/body kind of went through an "adjustment period" for the first two months or so without constant THC (I wouldn't call it withdrawal, but like a much milder version of withdrawal) But after a few months without smoking I felt pretty normal, it's been a few years, and I haven't ever had any anxiety/panic symptoms like I sometimes did with weed

It sounds like in your case, these conditions existed in some form before you ever did any drugs, so I really do think it's advisable for you to steer clear of drugs entirely. But I don't think you've done any real damage to yourself with the experiences you've had already. The effects of THC can linger in your system for weeks, so you're probably still feeling it a bit. Once you've detoxed fully I'm pretty sure you'll feel better.
>>
>>16908063
Yeah, I'm probably going to avoid marijuana for a while. This week is spring break for me so I'll probably smoke lightly, if at all.

I'm not sure how I feel about staying clear of drugs entirely though. Psilocybin and LSD have been on my list for a long time. It would really suck if I never got to have those experiences because of a genetic predisposition that's out of my control.

One thing I've noticed is that a paranoid delusion I had while high about 2 years ago sometimes crops up in my mind. It doesn't 'grip' me the way it did when I was high, but sometimes I catch myself interpreting the world through the context of the delusion. I'm not sure if that's a huge red flag or if it's more of an abstract cognitive lens through which I'm viewing the world. (Hopefully all of that makes sense)
>>
>>16907971
>caused: anxiety, social anxiety, disturbing delusions, paranoia, (probably) psychosis, fast heart rate
>back to 'normal' today and actually feel really good for some reason
>despite feeling really good today, I skipped dinner last night because of the high

Where was the weed from? What was it called? Because that sounds like synthetic weed to me and, yes, you should STAY THE FUCK WAY FROM SYNTHETICALLY PRODUCED BULLSHIT.
>>
>>16908148
It wasn't. A dealer was smoking it and shared it with me. It had tobacco in it too. The first and second times this happened, I thought it was synthetic too. It happens too consistently for it to be synthetic. Ofc I could be wrong.
>>
>>16908185
> It had tobacco in it too.
Spliffs. Ew.

How do you feel when you smoke cigs? Same effects? it could be the cigs. I hate spliffs. Make me feel like dog shit.
>pure weed plz u dirty fuck
>>
>>16908216
Lol yeah I kinda agree on the spliff thing.

I've smoked a few cigarettes before and they do tend to make me anxious, but nowhere near as anxious as I was last night. I also had 3 beers so they may have contributed a liiiittle, but the majority of it was definitely the pot.
>>
>>16908232
>I also had 3 beers
OOOO yeah you gotta be careful with mixing alcohol and weed... especially if you add tobacco into that too? Holy shit Anon. It doesn't sound crazy right? But it is. I rarely see people able to enjoy themselves on all three. They're usually absolute fucking messes and them vomit all over themselves.

I've been smoking weed and drinking for over a decade. I advise against mixing alcohol and weed.
>>
>>16908250
Hmm, I guess that makes sense. I mean, I guess cigarettes and alcohol can give an extra "push" toward the weed causing paranoia/psychosis/delusions.
>>
>>16908268
Here's a nice forum discussing it:
>https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215494
Experiences vary I suppose, but I'm firmly in the "alcohol + cigarettes + weed = head in toilet and don't remember" crowd.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.