[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I Conform?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Conform.jpg (61 KB, 594x367) Image search: [Google]
Conform.jpg
61 KB, 594x367
I'm a disgusting mess of a human, I always have been since my early teens.

Lost in a whirlwind of ignorance, a weeabo, a neckbeard, a nonconformist. Fat lazy, uninspired.

I lost weight and my world changed, my ironic ramblings about wanting to fit in were repeated in my mouth and mind till I realized that I actually did want to change.

I realize now, that there is beauty in conformity, and that everyone conforms. I was late to catch on to this trend.

Hiding behind morality and laziness before, I realize I had no morality to lose, that I was just posturing to make excuses.

I want to conform, I'm not some great artist, I'm no davinci, I'm no Jesus, or anyone special. I hate this person I am in life, I hate not fitting in.

I want to destroy myself and become part of society, a normal functioning human adult.

What behaviors can I practice in every day life to achieve these goals?
>>
Humility and...whatever word is the best opposite to laziness. "Get off your ass and do things as soon as you decide on a plan of action." That quality.

Life is rather simple to live on autopilot.
>>
>>16907521

Holy shit, I am going to need to make you fags a template for this.

1. Sleep 7-9 hrs a day.
2. Start cutting sugar and junk food.
3. Exercise.
4. Practice good hygiene (brush teeth, keep showered, keep hair trimmed where it needs to be, etc)
5. Work or go to school and do what needs to be done. If you aren't doing those, you better be spending 8 hrs a day studying or working on your own things (MEANINGFUL thing).
6. Some OTHER thing after work for at least a hour a day. If you are trying to advance career, it could be studying for professional exam. Or It could be art. Or dance. Or a massage class. Or trading stock options.
>>
>>16907535
I think this list is missing a reasonable dose of recreation. We'd all be better off focusing our complete energies on self-improvement but that's not how it goes. Fitting in with most people today means a healthy dose of goofing off. I think that's critical for being able to relate to others instead of coming off as some sort of holier-than-thou android. Also it invites the opportunity to explain common avenues of recreation. That's important for fitting in too. Lots of people in OP's shoes have gotten themselves involved in strange, niche entertainment that actually alienates them from others. They might not know how to enjoy the stuff that most others around them find fun.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.