[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Live a happy life >Doing well in school >Have a job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: SadeFroge.jpg (5 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
SadeFroge.jpg
5 KB, 238x250
>Live a happy life
>Doing well in school
>Have a job
>Have a caring group of friends
>Had a great childhood
>Still want to kill myself

I feel happy every day but still a voice in the back of my head keeps on telling me to do it.

How the fuck do i fix this?
>>
Do you actually want to kill yourself or is it just a lingering thought that's in the back of your head? If it's the latter, it's nothing to worry about.

If it's the latter, it usually happens because of something similar to this:
>One day random thought about suicide thought appears in your mind
>You make a conscious note of it and go "Don't think about that". Or anything similar to you trying to stop thinking about it
>Because of ironic rebounding and you trying to suppress the thought it comes back stronger each time
>Because you suppressed and it still came back you get the impression that it's something you really want to do

How do you counter it? Let the thought in and objectively analyse it. Do you really want to kill yourself? And then point out reasons why you wouldn't and how there's no logical reason for you to want to, and then brush it off as bullshit.
>>
>>16903846
Actually, the thought is exciting, I start to think about what could possibly be after death, what fun ways I could use to kill myself and start smiling like an idiot because of it. I think i'm just being stuipid.

Anyway i'll try to let the thought in and analyze it like you said, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>16903892
jeez that sounds awesome, just slip into the afterlife with no regrets and all and with no other reason than to see what's on the other side

fuck you op now im having suicidal thoughts too
>>
>>16903815 shake the devil off!!! Find Jesus and you shall be freed from the devil's chains!

Am serious
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.