[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people with generalized anxiety and depression work for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: wallpaper_18.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1280) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_18.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1280
How do people with generalized anxiety and depression work for their living? I may be homeless soon (abusive family throwing me out) and its hard as fuck to get out of bed already. It got really bad when I fell in love with a religious girl I can't even hang out with because of her beliefs. How am I going to face something like homelessness with physical incapacitation?
>>
>>16903548
You need to start researching nonprofits in your area who can get you the help you need. Volunteers of America is a very widespread one. Google "homeless shelters in <city" It'll pull up a whole list of services. Approach all of them with your situation. In the case of VoA, they offer both homeless and mental health support.
>>
>>16903548
Literally suck it up and get your shit together.

There is no easy answer.

There is no place that is going to coddle you.

You need to get work, get medical coverage,see a doctor, get properly medicated(if you still need it after working), and finally get over religious crap and pursue girl you want.

You have to take life in your own hands or you will die on the streets. I know its hard and i know its tough, but only you can help you.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (56 KB, 707x462) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
56 KB, 707x462
I have full-blown OCD and live with the severe anxiety that comes with it.

Came from an abusive home too where my mom was always strung out, left me alone with strangers who were similiarly drugged up on the regular, was beaten by my stepdad, and my father was an alcoholic who pretty much insulted me for anything I liked/did/once threatened me with a gun.

I still manage to work, even when I can't always afford my medications, I figure it out.

Wallowing in misery is par for the course but at least I wallow in misery in a place where I have a warm bed and running water.

There is no secret OP, you just nut up and go and do it. It's unfair but accepting that it's unfair and doing it anyway is the first step to giving yourself enough of a margin to keep trying.

Find a support group, rally what friends you do have, couch surf if you need to. Swallow your pride and go work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's even if you don't want to. Shit, getting co-workers actually helped me make friends and some of them actually helped me a lot with my depression.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, that's too bad. If you want someone to tell you that you are a 'poor disabled babu who needs to be protected from evil ableist capitalism' go to Tumblr.

Get the fuck off 4chan and start putting in job applications or shit, go get assistance applying for disability at your nearest community center.
>>
>>16903548
It's amazing what lengths a depressed and anxious person is willing to go to when their security is on the line.

You seldom see a person on the street for long periods due to 'depression,' and that's because depressed people don't know real misery, and when they taste it they straighten up right quick and get their shit together at least enough to have a place of their own to mope about in.

I was kicked out as a scared neet, lived on the street for a couple weeks and then around on couches for a couple months before finally getting into my own place again after getting a job. I still struggle with anxiety and depression all the time and my life suffers for it, but I haven't been homeless again, lol

You'll be fine, and it'll be good for you.
>>
>>16903567
This!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.