[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a bit of a problem. I have two employers wanting me to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1422300150318-0.jpg (676 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422300150318-0.jpg
676 KB, 1620x1080
I have a bit of a problem. I have two employers wanting me to work for them, both restaurants in SF. one is more accessible, has less late hours, and pays more, but the other is at a restaurant owned by a famous chef, I've done a working interview there, and I really like the people I'd be working with. which one should I choose? I have to let them know in a couple hours, and I feel like no matter which one I pick, I'll be kicking myself over rejecting the other one
>>
that's tough. is the pay difference pretty significant? i know SF is expensive.
>>
>>16895323

if there is no right answer, there is no wrong answer either. its a positive experience no matter what, not a negative experience.

my question is, are you going to be some sort of chef with chance of advancement? if so MAYBE go for the one with the famous chef, but even then i dont think kitchen politics centered aroudn a famous chef are that much of a thing. if anything you're likely to do better as a big fish in small water.

id take the fewer hours with more pay. they'd balance out well and you'd have time to enjoy your life instead of waking up every day and saying 'at least someone famous works at my restaurant'.
>>
>>16895333
about $1.75/hr. I don't live in SF though, I live with my mum in the East Bay
>>
>>16895338
>id take the fewer hours with more pay. they'd balance out well and you'd have time to enjoy your life instead of waking up every day and saying 'at least someone famous works at my restaurant'.
yeah, I've been thinking along the same lines. though as I said, I met and worked with the people at the famous place, I really liked working with them, and would feel bad about letting them down
>>
>>16895340
If you truly enjoy what you do then take the second job. Isn't it obviously better for your career to work under someone of renown in culinary arts? And don't you think it would be better to work a little longer with people you like than counting down the minutes until your shift ends?
>>
Good people can make a shitty job fun, speaking from personal experience.

My suggestion would be to flip a coin. Pick a coin, flip it, have it pick. You will know if you are not happy with what it decided. And if you don't like the coin's decision, go with the one you now realize is your preferred option.
>>
>>16895323
That's a strange train. Pulling only two wagons that are different.
>>
>>16895381

are you going to work there for the next 40+ years because you'd feel bad about leaving the people there?

dont be silly. you cant base big life decisions around what essentially amounts to strangers would like. truth be told they wont even be that let down. theyd be like 'bummer anon was cool'.

a week later they wont remember you. this isnt a negative thing, its just truth. you dont owe them anything
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.