[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm at a real low point in need advice. How do you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: sqETC.jpg (57 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
sqETC.jpg
57 KB, 960x640
I'm at a real low point in need advice. How do you guys pull yourselves out of slumps?

In short, though I know it's childish whining:
>Mind-numbing white collar job killing me, like ~10 hours a day where I get criticized a lot but paid well
>Got two B+es in engineering classes I take at night, lowering my 4.0 (thankfully not by much) and wrecking my confidence in my knowledge
>Athletic performance going down the tubes, completely embarrassed myself at two recent competitions and now possibly (can't tell) ignored by coach and other competitors
>Had to dump last girlfriend because she said she wasn't attracted to me, now I come home to my empty apartment and just work in my home office all night
>Recently pulled an all-nighter to help out a charity, they ended up throwing my work away that morning because of internal politics without even thanking me
>Realized I haven't talked to anyone this entire week - even my parents are too busy to talk on the phone
>Crash dieting out of paranoia about attractiveness and physical ability, but having a hard time not drinking myself to sleep
>Lost all passion for even trying to meet people on online dating, no willpower to even talk to girls and get to know them

I know I need to kick my own ass and pull myself out of this, but I'm not sure how - it seems like every time I try to refocus my energy into something I feel confident at (e.g. the charity work, the competitions) I end up fucking it up.
>>
File: slap.gif (131 KB, 147x121) Image search: [Google]
slap.gif
131 KB, 147x121
>see pic
Now get a hold of yourself. You have a job, you have just below a 4.0, you are an athlete. Your girlfriend may have broken up with you but shit happens. Once you are able to get in touch with someone who knows you talk to them. To hell with dating for a short time and get your shit together. Once you do get back to it.
>>
>>16889656
Looking at all this. This isn't bad. Why would you want be in a committed relationship with some one who does feel attracted to you, imagine how painful of a divorce that'd be if it stuck out in near future you'd bendeeper in slums, Your grades are better than most people, you helped a charity man even if they threw it away you tried talking your mind off one thing than another.
Have you even thought about doing something or yourself. It doesn't hurt standing on your own feet. In the end you'll feel better knowing if you gt in a relationship or anything above comes down on you you'll know you have an experience like this to depend on and get your ass out of. You shouldn't feel regret over anything you feel you put 110℅. You should be footing up your ass if you layed in bed not try to pick yourself up. Just really follow through with something YOU want everything you explained seems like nothing you want. You'll be fine don't worry
>>
>>16889656

take a weekend off. its hard to, but make the time, find the money.

i realized ive never been on a vacation. ive had time off. ive visited family. btu i never actually went on a vacation.

so this weekend i rented a hotel for two nights. you know the sad part? its only an hour and a half away by bus. maybe an hour by car (which i dont have so moot point). i didnt see teh point in throwing down money or wasting extra time traveling to enjoy a beach far away when i got a shitty one here.

but i wont be home. i wont have my phone. i wont have a computer telling me 'hey i know its technically work, but editing this scene here would be a lot of fun'.

isntead ill have soft serve ice cream. and beaches. and maybe thunderstorms at the beach cuz its been freaky weather lately, but im totally okay with that. take some time just for oyu and being out of your house is a MUST.

it took me 6 years to realize this
>>
wait wtf? I'm in school in engineering at a semi-prestigious school and well over-most people here would kill for B+s, let alone 4.0. Is this bait!? I don't know whether to say fuck off or what gives. W/E, fuck your ex. So many fish in the sea bro. You got good grades via commitment, so just hit the gym with a plan. Girls like muscle. After work hit the bars or Tinder and find a new babe. please stop complaining about hurting your 4.0. No one in STEM respects that kind of fishing for sympathy
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.